Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How High??????????????

I am the proud new owner of a 91 Hilux Surf

It has been lifted but I do not know how high.

I want to get a new set of tyres but don't know how big I can go

Currently on 265/75/16 Bridgestone M/Ts want to fit 33" on if possible

I have extra flared arches and 16" dished rims

Can anyone help?

Will post piccie ASAP

Cheerse Taz

You can fit 265/75/16 with no lift, so It could be the lift from the tyres.

However to check for a body lift measure the gap between the body and chassis in the rear wheel arch. as standard its almost nothing.

For suspension check for coil spacers, There will be other parts to check but i dont know standard dimensions so i cant help there.

My surf at the moment has a 2" lift and 265/75/16 an stands a fraction under 6ft.

Comment

Cheers Rod

Heres some piccies

Cheers Taz

Comment

i would say looking at those pics you have at least 4" lift so you would be ok for 33's on that

Nice looking truck you got there
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah looks good for a 4" lift to me too, looks as though it may be all suspension lift, as the bumpers, side steps and everything have all come up with it. Also in the first pic there doesn't appear to be much of a gap between chassis and body in the rear wheel arch
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

I saw that one for sale on ebay!

An yeah i agree with 4" suspension lift. mainly because with that tjm bumper, it bolts to the chassis so if there was a body lift there would be a gap between body and bumper.

Comment

Cheers All

Do you think 33 x 12.5 x 16 will fit or would I be better

off getting 33 x 10.5 x 16

Cheers

Taz

Comment

Originally posted by Telaren
                Cheers All

Do you think 33 x 12.5 x 16 will fit or would I be better

off getting 33 x 10.5 x 16

Cheers

Taz
                i would think the 33x12.5's will fit ok as these are what i will be getting for mine at some point
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Get underneath the back and take some photos. Only way to be sure really.

Check the body attachment points for nylon 'blocks' between the chassis and body to see if you have any body lift.

The back looks like it's slightly lower from the photos, but it might just be the angle.

Wrong colour...
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

To fit 33's you may need to remove the side steps, as they look a bit close at the front, but thats only nuts and bolts.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Get underneath the back and take some photos. Only way to be sure really.

Check the body attachment points for nylon 'blocks' between the chassis and body to see if you have any body lift.

The back looks like it's slightly lower from the photos, but it might just be the angle.

Wrong colour...
                      As requested

There does not look like any body lift blocks or spacers under springs.

It may have +4" springs??

Cheers Taz

Comment

measure the plate i've marked, if it's all been done properly the distance between the top set of holes and the bottom set of holes should be the same as the amount of lift you have. The plate is to keep the front/rear brake bias valve adjusted properly, without it the balance goes out and you either lose your rear brakes altogether, or worse, if the plate is to big, the rear bias is too high and the rear wheels lock before the fronts in an emergency stop.

I would agree you got no bodylift.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Just measured the bracket.

It is 4" between hole centers.

Cheers Taz

Comment

The standard bracket looks to be about 3" though. Work that one out!
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                              The standard bracket looks to be about 3" though. Work that one out!
                              I thought there was no bracket normally?

Either way it has the same size tyres as me and you have more clearance then me and im only 2" away from fitting 33's so i'd go for it!!

EDIT: Hang on!! Ive seen the pic with the tyre in the arch looking onto the chassis and there is no way thats a 4" lift on that pic.

From one side the truck looks like 4" on the other (with wheels on kerb i think)

It looks maybe 2" ... Its having no rear bumper and the TJM that throws it out and makes it harder to judge too

EDIT: looking again... I would bet money on that being a 2" lift!! I think you need to go higher to clear 33's!
                              Last edited by RodLeach; 26 June 2007, 19:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X