No announcement yet.

what have i bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just have a look at my postings, Then you will see what can go wrong, Mine was off the road for over 2 and half years got her all fixed now and people say to me are you going to get rid of it now. Not a ******* chance I say. The is something about them, once youv'e had one it is very hard to let it go

Comment

Paid £4,000 for mine nearly six years ago now, touch wood I'm one of the lucky ones I guess, VFM = Value for Money
      She's cost me no more than £500 in runnin costs & repairs & tho I don't want it to go bang if it did I wouldn't complain or get rid I'd fix her up.
      Good Luck wiv yours

There's always a Payback .... ya just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mine cost £1800 last october. Since then have had to pay out for cylinder head, radiator, new window motor. Also 4 tyres, one of which will need replacing again as sidewall badly damaged off road.

Now needs new front after slight bump with Supersurf!!!!

Would I get rid of it?? No way, just keep paying & playing
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

We bought ours in april and its been in the country for 3 years the bloke prior paid £5000 for it since then its had a service each year a new head fitted by 4x4 toys if anyone knows who they are is had new shocks 4 brand new bf goodrich tyres on it still nearly new now the only problems i've had is diesel leak and its got rust on n/s/r arch below diesel cap which i think hasn't been helped by a minor s$$$$e on that side oh yeh and the little prang i had with it a week after we got it just need the get new bumper some wheel arches and possibly rear spoiler then it will look the dogs dangleys,just fitted tobar for the horse trailer took it to a show yesterday(sat) and towed lovely and used less fuel than i expected more than likley the fact i didn't go very fast especialy as it was her maiden tow so didn't want to take anything to cahnce, but so say the least i am impressed with her.

Keep on truckin'

Comment

re

I bought my 1992 2.4 in November for £1900 @ 178k km, and used it to tow a large heavy trailer across spain to Ibiza, where it has seen more off roading on dodgy caminos in the last 10 weeks than most 4x4's ever see i should think.

she's an absolute blinder, & couldnt be better suited to the rough life cars have here, and there's no other surfs here, only forerunners, so it looks really cool too.

i couldnt be happier with it.
            Biggus Truckus..

Comment

A lot of MEMBERS on here will admit to offroading there 10 Year old + SURF & they forget about UK cars which are ready for the S$$$$YARD @ 10 years.
              Offroading can take its toll on old parts.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by riverside
                new member flicking though old questions....... seems that everthing that can go wrong does.............what have i purchased
                Welcome to owning a surf. In answer to your question you have purchased something that is a labour of love. It is something which requires time, money and dedication and in return it will grant you fun and a satisfying grin.
                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by The Ferret
                  You see Riverside, owning a Surf is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman!

First, you must make sure you look after her and talk to her seductively if you want to turn her on. You must make sure you keep her well lubricated in all the right places and keep an eye on her fluid levels, adding a little if she dries out!

Make sure that her rubbers are kept fresh and flexible, allowing for plenty of traction in the mud!!!!!!!!

Treat her well and she'll repay you in kind!!

Ferret
                  I thought the idea was to tie her up, turn her over and do her up the ars*?...
                  [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
                    I thought the idea was to tie her up, turn her over and do her up the ars*?...

That's only in Essex!

Comment

While we are on the subject - I tried that once with a girl from Glasgow and she was sick.

Seriously.
                      www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
                        While we are on the subject - I tried that once with a girl from Glasgow and she was sick.

Seriously.
                        My god what did you do to the poor girl?
                        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos

Oh my gawd, don't get him started!

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                            i don't know but i bet Vince has got a link for it tho...
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You just gotta love the way that threads end up nowhere near how they started on here.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                                You just gotta love the way that threads end up nowhere near how they started on here.
                                Must say I have noticed that
                                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Working...
                                X