what have i bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what have i bought

new member flicking though old questions....... seems that everthing that can go wrong does.............what have i purchased

ohh dear! Dont sound good mate! Was it a bargain? Its not a number plate starting G161 has it??!!??!

Comment

think it was a bargain mot/tax nov, cleanish,no rust anywhere, 120000mls... runs well £1500.....knackered rear window....... clunks on full lock useuall stuff it seems
      Last edited by riverside; 20 June 2007, 23:04. Reason: missing

Comment

You see Riverside, owning a Surf is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman!

First, you must make sure you look after her and talk to her seductively if you want to turn her on. You must make sure you keep her well lubricated in all the right places and keep an eye on her fluid levels, adding a little if she dries out!

Make sure that her rubbers are kept fresh and flexible, allowing for plenty of traction in the mud!!!!!!!!

Treat her well and she'll repay you in kind!!

Ferret
        "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

love

i useually like to get in and go like stink

Comment

Originally posted by riverside
            think it was a bargain mot/tax nov, cleanish,no rust anywhere, 120000mls... runs well £1500.....knackered rear window....... clunks on full lock useuall stuff it seems

not too bad! I paid £1700 for mine and as of yet have had no trouble with it. Just put another 12 months mot on.. a £4.50 pot of some strange cr*p to lower emissions and tightening a steering belt was it! no advisorys!

At £1500 its cheap enough to fork out a couple of quid to sort out the problem bits!! I'm sure in time you'll be over the moon with it!

One thing about surfs is you get to know what little problems there are and you learn how to counteract them!

oh... re: rear window.. Mine was stiff as hell to get it to close.. a smear of silicone grease and it just slips in and out like a.... window in a window runner!

ohh btw love the post ferret!

Comment

egr

wheres the info on the egr, cable tie, black smoke thingy

Comment

Originally posted by The Ferret
                You see Riverside, owning a Surf is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman!

First, you must make sure you look after her and talk to her seductively if you want to turn her on. You must make sure you keep her well lubricated in all the right places and keep an eye on her fluid levels, adding a little if she dries out!

Make sure that her rubbers are kept fresh and flexible, allowing for plenty of traction in the mud!!!!!!!!

Treat her well and she'll repay you in kind!!

Ferret
                I was going to say something about fitting new heads while the owners on holiday, but I decided against it...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  I was going to say something about fitting new heads while the owners on holiday, but I decided against it...
                  Hmmmmmmm, I would've quite happily stayed and helped, but she would've killed me!

Perhaps i've got my priorities wrong! Perhaps that's why the wedding's off!

Women!!!!!!!!!

Ferret
                  "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Blimey!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by riverside
                      new member flicking though old questions....... seems that everthing that can go wrong does.............what have i purchased
                      The panic subsides after a year or so. Get her well serviced now, (especially the coolant system), and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                        not too bad! I paid £1700 for mine and as of yet have had no trouble with it. Just put another 12 months mot on.. a £4.50 pot of some strange cr*p to lower emissions and tightening a steering belt was it! no advisorys!

At £1500 its cheap enough to fork out a couple of quid to sort out the problem bits!! I'm sure in time you'll be over the moon with it!

One thing about surfs is you get to know what little problems there are and you learn how to counteract them!

oh... re: rear window.. Mine was stiff as hell to get it to close.. a smear of silicone grease and it just slips in and out like a.... window in a window runner!

ohh btw love the post ferret!
                        I paid £1400 for mine and have spent that again on the head and associated parts, plus the £600 on tyres and shocks, and still got several hundred more to spend on steering idler and track rods,then there's the window motors, and the crank pulley and the..................... well it goes on.

It's just luck of the draw with old motors.

Edit; Oh yeah, forgot to mention the £2500.00 fuel pump that is on its way out
                        Last edited by plumb bob; 23 June 2007, 00:03.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i paid 2250 for mine last xmas, apart from finding out the hard and slightly expensive way she doesnt like dragging the van around the country... she is sweet as a nut, a couple of weeps but nothing i am worried about...
                          it is the best vehicle i have had in a while - in the uk that is - loadsa room and plenty of room for mods and making stuff, also they are pretty indestructible!!! = touch wood!!!!
                          just keep on surfing
                          ttfn
                          graham

Comment

I paid £6000 for my 2.4 3 years ago and i had her for 2 years and she is still going strong.Imagine how pee'd off you all would of been if you had paid that money for a 2.4 and had all the trouble on top at least you got yours when the prices dropped.I have had my 3.0l now for just over a year and have already spent nearly a grand on it.With the lift kits and turbo etc.
                            I'm not having a dig at you guys who have got problems with your trucks and some people have no luck and others all the luck with teir trucks but once you've got them running properly you'll soon be glad you did
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

paid over 8000 for my 3.0l some 3-4yrs ago and between 3000 and 4000 for parts/labour after deciding to play off-road...

2nd had front diff - this went
                              front diff and shafts (brand new from japan)
                              idler arms x2 , pitman arm x 1
                              inner and outer track rod ends etc.

building the bank balance up for future possible fun with breakages
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X