• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light blue touch paper and

Move away from the

Cyber-Redneck

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Dave
      To say fit grease nipples to the end of the stops must be one biggest load of cr$p I’ve yet come across on this site.
      To reply in a likewise manner, read what I wrote you pillock. I was advising the other chap on his ball joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Dave
        I have had the front up on stands and as I said in my 1st post all ball joints have been
        And what do ball joints have in relationship with track rod ends? Simple fact. Something is causing this 'clunk' you have. Now get the front end jacked up and check for movement, (and I'm not referring to girlie wristed wiggles), on all parts of the system. There are a multitude of places where the play could be. Work over them one by one.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          And what do ball joints have in relationship with track rod ends? Simple fact. Something is causing this 'clunk' you have. Now get the front end jacked up and check for movement, (and I'm not referring to girlie wristed wiggles), on all parts of the system. There are a multitude of places where the play could be. Work over them one by one.

I have a feeling it might be the sliding joint on the propshaft. It clunks when coming to a stop if not full of grease.

But hey, what do I know!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            But hey, what do I know!!!!!
            I think this Barrack Room could do with a lick of paint Vince. You up for lending a hand?

Comment

I think this Barrack Room could do with a lick of paint Vince. You up for lending a hand?

Well, I have got some mustard yellow filler primer in the spray gun at the moment.........

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Well, I have got some mustard yellow filler primer in the spray gun at the moment.........
                Oh good god. Dare I ask?

Comment

Oh good god. Dare I ask?
                  I Daren't
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    I Daren't
                    Problem is, now he's mentioned it, I'm envisaging all sorts of things.

Comment

Problem is, now he's mentioned it, I'm envisaging all sorts of things.

Can ya tell what it is yet?

there's a clue in my avatar.

Comment

Very nice. Not too obtrusive either. Did you slice the bonnet and weld side pieces on?

Comment

Very nice. Not too obtrusive either. Did you slice the bonnet and weld side pieces on?

Yup, 45mm high 800mm long wedge shapes welded in (plus bodyfiller 'cos of warpage!) and fibre glassed on the underside.

I kept the strengthening ribs intact to keep the shape/rigidity.
                          Top coating and clear coating this week-end.

Comment

Working...
                          X