Anyone know what these are for.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what these are for.....

Have a look at the attached pictures please, and let me know what these bits are for if you can. The first is the red button above the auto box, and the second could be some sort of tool attached to the wheel carrier.

Cheers.
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Originally posted by dforbe
    Have a look at the attached pictures please, and let me know what these bits are for if you can. The first is the red button above the auto box, and the second could be some sort of tool attached to the wheel carrier.

Cheers.
    1: Allows you to remove the G/Box from park with ign off etc
    2: Place in hinge of wheel carrier when open to stop it from swinging shut and hitting your tailgate
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

2. as i found out one windy day at the beach, is very usefull. more so than 1.
      Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
        2. as i found out one windy day at the beach, is very usefull. more so than 1.
        Wish the PO on my Surf had copped it, left a nice wee crease on the edge of the tailgate
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

1. Don't push the red button when hoovering the dust out of the gear selector gubbins, unless the handbrake is on, or you will wonder why the vacuum hose is getting shorter and the car in front is getting closer!! As you can guess I learned the hard way

2. Fits in the hole in the lower hinge bracket. Make sure it drops all the way down on windy days. If not, it stops it blowing back but breaks the lower hinge trim.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

whats this

the red button is to summon the stewardess when you've roled over on some greenlane somewhere.

and the other bit is to stir the drinks when you're having a tailgate party

Comment

Working...
            X