No announcement yet.

hard ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put milners +20% coils ans a full set of ES 9000's on and the ride is stiffer than with the standard shocks, so if you want a softer ride I'd go for the ES 3000's.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
      I put milners +20% coils ans a full set of ES 9000's on and the ride is stiffer than with the standard shocks, so if you want a softer ride I'd go for the ES 3000's.
      hi plumb bob how much am i looking at and is it a big job

cheers mate

Comment

the shocks are i think 35 pounds each, and as to how big a job it is depends on how handy you are. its not difficult, and if i was you i'd just swap the springs to begin with mate. took me about 3 to 4 hours to swap both rear springs, change the shocks and wind the front up. definatly a diy job if your know one end of a spanner from the other
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Springs:

http://www.milneroffroad.com/4x4.htm

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
            the shocks are i think 35 pounds each, and as to how big a job it is depends on how handy you are. its not difficult, and if i was you i'd just swap the springs to begin with mate. took me about 3 to 4 hours to swap both rear springs, change the shocks and wind the front up. definatly a diy job if your know one end of a spanner from the other
            thanks for that mate i have access to garage facilities so that shouldnt be a problem i dont suppose you know exactly what it is i need both coils and dampers and whether there are any suppliers manchester way

had a very productive day sorting bad earth problems and re-wiring alarm (as somone had done a s*** job of the wiring and it went up in smoke) today and since speaking with you now notice the shocks even more they will have to be done im also after a rear load cover if you know anyone whos got one going pref with barckets

thanks mate jon

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1
              thanks for that mate i have access to garage facilities so that shouldnt be a problem i dont suppose you know exactly what it is i need both coils and dampers and whether there are any suppliers manchester way

had a very productive day sorting bad earth problems and re-wiring alarm (as somone had done a s*** job of the wiring and it went up in smoke) today and since speaking with you now notice the shocks even more they will have to be done im also after a rear load cover if you know anyone whos got one going pref with barckets

thanks mate jon
              if your just getting es3000 shocks with no lift then give Barry a ring at roughtrax he'll sort them out for you
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Remember to get the boots, mine are yellow!!
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Help Still Needed

Hi All

thanks for all your advice im getting there but i am now thinking of replacing the springs/dampers all round or at least the back as im still getting akick up the a*** when i go over any speed bumps or potholes i'm not to bothered about lifting at all although i do do a lot of camping and take some weight with me if i lift slightly would this help does any one have some dampers and or springs they are getting rid of at a decent price will post pics later as my truck may have been lowered and dont know how this will affect the coil setup

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                  X