Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ferret
    All that's lined up as it should be, which only adds to my confusion. After reading the "fuel pump twiddley screw, go faster" thread, I'm wandering whether I need to play with that, as I sent the pump off to get re-conned. Just wandering now whether the screw is in the wrong position.

They should not have needed to alter that screw, as it is set and marked at the factory.

But to reduce the amount of fuel delivery, you could try turning the screw anti-clockwise, but it would be a bit trial and error to get it right.

Comment

Cheers matey, I might give that a pop tomorrow, just to see what happens, as I'm pretty sure she's burning too much.

Paul
      "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

make sure you count the clicks, so we can put it back as it was, if it doesn't fix it..(have to say, all this messing with fuel pumps is beyond me... )
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          make sure you count the clicks, so we can put it back as it was, if it doesn't fix it..(have to say, all this messing with fuel pumps is beyond me... )

Put a paint mark on the pump and one side of the screw. You shouldn't need to turn it more than 135 degrees (3 quarters of a turn) in any direction.

Comment

Right then!

Tuesday morning comes around and I get up at 6am to go to work. I'm sat in the office for about an hour when I look at the duty rota, only to discover I'm still on leave!

So I go home and walk the dogs and think "Sod it", so I take the old girl to the garage, hand them the keys and say "There you go, I've had enough!"

Anyway, I get a call last night from the garage telling me my Rover 25 is ready for collection "That's funny" I thought, "I'm sure I dropped a Surf off".

Anyway, I pop in this evening and sure enough The Surf is sorted.

Do you know what it was??!?!??

When we adjusted the timing, having re-fitted the fuel pump, we lined it all up perfectly, the only problem was, there were 2 marks on the pump, so The law of sod states that "Thow shalt line up the wrong mark". The timing was exactly 180 degrees out.........Bu**£r!

At least she's sorted now and Murph is back in his Surf. I can't drive it this weekend though, as I'm off on a lads trip to Prague, to take in the architecture and history!

Cheers for everyone's help with this one, but I'd had enough fiddling in the end, and I know Chillitt had too!!

Ferret
            "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Ahem!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...5&postcount=29

Comment

funny, cos we did check this 'tother day... stupidly i used the timing mark with the cast in line with the white paint on it.(the same one i used when i put the new head on it..) ...didn't see any other marks?? would it even run with the pump 180 degrees out?
                and bushwhacker, they was spot on... (stirrer.... ) i really do not understand? anyhoo, it works! that will do for me..
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I know!!! All I can say is............................ .............................. ...

"Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

i think that covers it...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X