Oil flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    I'm not sure if it's these bloomin work computers but i cant see/hear anything after w/m/player comes up
    I can. You've been C.M'ed. (Going back to sulk now).

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      I can. You've been C.M'ed. (Going back to sulk now).
      i'v been a lot of things in the past but i've never been C.M'd..
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'm not sure if it's these bloomin work computers but i cant see/hear anything after w/m/player comes up

It's a sound file, but if you need a visual..................

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Now Matt will get jellous if you don't give him one of those aswell Vince.

how many is that i've had now? They must be mounting up a bit by now

Comment

What's the general consensus. Do or Don't?

I know using a proper heavy duty detergent oil is the preferable method,
            as it cleans over a length of time. Has anyone ever suffered problems with
            a blockage from the quick flush additives, however?

Cheers.
            The technicians at my work said that you should not use an engine flush, just regular oil changes.

I have heard of people experiencing oil leaks after using an engine flush.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              how many is that i've had now? They must be mounting up a bit by now
              Gits.

Comment

Gits.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
                  The technicians at my work said that you should not use an engine flush, just regular oil changes.
                  Cheers. I replace it every 2000 to 3000kms, so it should be fairly clean, but
                  an extra bit of cleaning out ne'er hurts.

I'm going to use Nev's method and give it a quick run through with some fresh
                  oil, then a full oil/filter change. Just waiting for it to cool down a tad so I don't
                  end up with hot oil down the arm.

Comment

Cheers. I replace it every 2000 to 3000kms, so it should be fairly clean, but
                    an extra bit of cleaning out ne'er hurts.

I'm going to use Nev's method and give it a quick run through with some fresh
                    oil, then a full oil/filter change. Just waiting for it to cool down a tad so I don't
                    end up with hot oil down the arm.

2000 to 3000 kms IS a quick run through!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      Yeah, but I'm the sad git with no life. (Or should I say the sulking sad git).
                      Ne'er liked leaving oil too long between changes. Besides, got to make up
                      for my C.M inadequacy somehow. (I'm ignoring them now ).
                      Last edited by MattF; 29 November 2006, 15:18.

Comment

It's amazing how mucky that second lot of oil is when it comes back out.
                        Fifteen minutes on fast idle with a few blips on the throttle, came out all
                        nice and black. Should be sorted for the winter now.

Does everyone aim for the full mark on their dipstick, or does anyone do
                        the same as I and try to keep it between half and three quarters? No
                        reason for asking other than curiousity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          It is for some. Depends on how the vehicle is used. 2/3K over a short period is probably a little soon for an oil change but if you only do this in 12 mths then the oil will be way past it's use by date.

Nev

Comment

It's amazing how mucky that second lot of oil is when it comes back out.
                            Fifteen minutes on fast idle with a few blips on the throttle, came out all
                            nice and black. Should be sorted for the winter now.
                            Yeah. I found engine oil does a pretty good job at flushing.

Does everyone aim for the full mark on their dipstick, or does anyone do the same as I and try to keep it between half and three quarters? No reason for asking other than curiousity.
                            Full. The more oil the better. Diesel oil has to pick up and suspend all the soot so more oil equals better capacity to do this.That's my thoughts anyway.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                              Yeah. I found engine oil does a pretty good job at flushing.
                              You're not joking. It's amazing how much more muck comes out with that
                              short stint of oil. Cheers for that advice, Nev.

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                              Full. The more oil the better. Diesel oil has to pick up and suspend all the soot so more oil equals better capacity to do this.That's my thoughts anyway.

Nev
                              I'll top that up in the morning then. Thanks once again Nev.

Comment

hot flushes

Hiya
                                My method for an interior (engine,,not me personally) clean out is one Gallon of cheapy oil and one gallon of derv mix em together and pour it in (old filter still on ) run it for 10/15 mins and then drain out. Once it 's drained out I give a quick start and a rev just once to chuck out any oil form the pump and oil ways . Works for me

Comment

Working...
                                X