• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    All sounds normal to me dude!
    mmmm
    me no got red face lol lol lol
    at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

but is there still water/air bubbling in your rad?? thats the serious side of it.. not the water leak matey!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobyman2000
        but is there still water/air bubbling in your rad?? thats the serious side of it.. not the water leak matey!
        when i rev the car it shoves the water out but so im told this is normal!
        but no bubbles
        i will keep my eye on it now

Comment

WELL!!!
          for the past 2 mornings i have started it up it has stemed from the exhaust for the first 5 mins and i dont meen a cup full i mean blocking out the traffic behind me! then when its warm its fine
          as you know this is not a good sign
          as soon as it is totally cold i will be checking the water to see how much it has wasted
          ive spoken to stevo and she is going in to him
          so the cheep car i bought has turned out to be an expensive motor
          to say im pi$$ed off would be an understatement
          anyway ill talk to my boss nice tommorow and see if i can get a loan off him!
          if not then its parked up till i save the money

Comment

oooooo sorry to here shaggy mate.... like i said... i thought it sounded i bit more than just a rad cap!! gutted mate... to be honest it sounds like a cracked head or Cylinder... when its cold the crack is opened, so gently weaps coolant into the cylinder and this is burnt off untill the engine warms up... when warm, the engine and crack expand slightly making the crack much smaller and therefore not leak as much or be as noticable.

Gutted for ya mate... but like said a compression test when cold might tell you which cylinder is the faultly one!

Keeps us all posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobyman2000
              oooooo sorry to here shaggy mate.... like i said... i thought it sounded i bit more than just a rad cap!! gutted mate... to be honest it sounds like a cracked head or Cylinder... when its cold the crack is opened, so gently weaps coolant into the cylinder and this is burnt off untill the engine warms up... when warm, the engine and crack expand slightly making the crack much smaller and therefore not leak as much or be as noticable.

Gutted for ya mate... but like said a compression test when cold might tell you which cylinder is the faultly one!

Keeps us all posted!
              its going to stevo m8 hell get the thing sorted
              i can actually get a full 3.0 ltr td engine out of a 96 model for the same money but would rather the devil i know than the devil i dont

funny thing is i have been told these 3ltrs are going the same way as the 2.4s with the head situation and its only a matter of time till they pop! something to do with the viscous fans not being up to scratch!
              this is off a guy who sells heads and said he has sold more heads for the 3 ltr in the past 3 months than all of last year! (i hope it was just bull$$$$ !)

anyway ill have tons of money in the old girl when it comes back from stevo so will have to run it for the next 10 yrs lol lol lol (im hurting inside)

Comment

the heads only go if soemthing else fails and causes overheating,
                which is why its a good idea to keep an eye on the fans, radiator and all pipes etc associated with cooling the beast

just fitted a reconditoned rad to my 3 litre, as a lot of the core fins had rusted, fallen off etc so wouldnt have been cooling things as efficiently

all best with your motor, and hope stevo gets it on the road soon
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                  the heads only go if soemthing else fails and causes overheating,
                  which is why its a good idea to keep an eye on the fans, radiator and all pipes etc associated with cooling the beast

just fitted a reconditoned rad to my 3 litre, as a lot of the core fins had rusted, fallen off etc so wouldnt have been cooling things as efficiently

all best with your motor, and hope stevo gets it on the road soon

i can actually run this car 500 miles and it wont overheat!!
                  it does not overheat at all
                  the problem i have had the past 2 days (since i put new rad cap on!) is steam coming out of the exhaust on start up for the first 5 mins (until engine gets to operating temp)
                  but i mean steam as well not just condensation it actually blocks out anything behind me
                  i have never checked my rad and water pump fan etc on any other motor i have had but will be doing routine checks on things in future because no matter how fast i say it £1200 + vat hurts like hell and if i thought for 1 moment that the guy who sold me this car knew about it trust me he would not be smiling tonight but to be fair i had done 1000 kms before the problems started!
                  oh yeah and the new qalarm i had fitted packed in over night so ive had the car down at the fitters half the day while they put a new sensor in!
                  oh yeah and my merc im selling failed the mot misserably today!
                  so thats my 3 things to go wrong . . . . hopefully

Comment

I dismantled my viscous fan last year, discarded all the unnecessary bits, and drilled and tapped three holes at equal centres and bolted it up with locknuts so it's working all the time. It may use a drop more fuel but then I've got mud tyres on so fuel economy is'nt exactly brilliant anyway!

Comment

I dismantled my viscous fan last year, discarded all the unnecessary bits, and drilled and tapped three holes at equal centres and bolted it up with locknuts so it's working all the time. It may use a drop more fuel but then I've got mud tyres on so fuel economy is'nt exactly brilliant anyway!
                      im glad you have no problems m8
                      i have just looked at mine again and it has taken 1 ltr of water for the 50 miles i have done in 2 days but i have removed about an eighth of a litre from the header to get it back to max

i think this may just be a reminder to all who dont check to do so!! i have spoken to 3 different 'head' men today and all 3 say the same there is more 2.4s than 3 ltrs and the 3 ltrs are newer so it wont show as much BUT (all 3 said!!!) they do have the same problem and 99% is due to the fan's not being up to the job so they slowly cook the head.
                      im not trying to be alarmist here but this is what i was told and have no reason to disbelieve them, they all say they are selling more 3 ltr heads than before
                      anyway ive just had my insurance company on to me and they have overquoted me to swap so they have knocked £130 off my premium god at last a bit of luck

oh yeah ive changed my profile to reflect the way i feel
                      Last edited by shaggy; 19 April 2006, 21:48.

Comment

the head on my truck blew .....but i was lucky i did'nt own it at the time , lol
                        it was done by b.b.engines colchester, anyone had any work done by them???,
                        he also had a atf cooler fitted by tony.
                        hopefully(fingers x'd)i wont have any probs
                        but wil be keeping a eye on my truck
                        hope you have some better luck now shaggy
                        Last edited by joker??; 19 April 2006, 22:37.
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                          the head on my truck blew .....but i was lucky i did'nt own it at the time , lol
                          it was done by b.b.engines colchester, anyone had any work done by them???,
                          he also had a aft cooler fitted by tony.
                          hopefully(fingers x'd)i wont have any probs
                          but wil be keeping a eye on my truck
                          hope you have some better luck now shaggy
                          aft cooler? whats that then?

i bet you aint got what i got look

yeah hop on the surf train baby !
                          nevermind the water injection mine runs on the stuff

sorry i need to get some medication me thinks

Comment

You gonna get your engine steam cleaned?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I hope it's just the gasket and not the head.

Comment

You gonna get your engine steam cleaned?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I hope it's just the gasket and not the head.
                              so do i but it all points to cracked head

Comment

I just cleaned it all out and locked it up with silicone sealant.....

Comment

Working...
                                X