No announcement yet.

3 ltr water probs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen 2 cracked 3.0 heads (one was a 97' UK Landcruiser) and 2 duff head gaskets in 1 1/2 years , but have done about 15 2.4 heads in the same time.

Any make of car is gonna get through some heads if they overheat for any reason, its just normal.

Our 3.0 has been heated to almost the red line numously when towing heavy traliers up hills, and the head is still fine. Shame the big ends arn't!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      I've only seen 2 cracked 3.0 heads (one was a 97' UK Landcruiser) and 2 duff head gaskets in 1 1/2 years , but have done about 15 2.4 heads in the same time.

Any make of car is gonna get through some heads if they overheat for any reason, its just normal.

Our 3.0 has been heated to almost the red line numously when towing heavy traliers up hills, and the head is still fine. Shame the big ends arn't!!

well stevo gets it tommorow and i hope it is just a simple gasket but knowing my luck it will end up being a new engine
      for some strange reason i thought (until a few weeks ago) that tonyn was in manchester and stevo was darn sarf! DOH!!
      anyway its gone tommorow dinner and back on tuesday fixed hopefully
      Last edited by shaggy; 20 April 2006, 18:24.
      at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

just droped my surf of at stevos
        he thinks he may have the head off today he dont mess about does he!!

Comment

stevo didnt manage to get the head off friday so have to wait till tommorow to see what the damage is

Comment

well not good news
            the head is cracked between the water sleeves and that is why it had a lot of condensation on start up
            i presume from what steve said that while cooling down it would let water into the bore
            when he took the head off number 3 pot was full of water
            so i got a juccuzi in my surf (you gotta laugh)
            so it will be ready tommorow dinner time and im short £1410 (£1200 + vat)
            $$$$$$ $$$$ing hell fire im $$$$ed off to say the $$$$ing least
            i have to say though that stevo is the most accomodating man i have ever met
            nothing seems too much trouble
            i even got him to fit my new rear springs and fuel cat while he has had it
            anyway im off cos i have to let the wife go on the game tonight to pay for the surf
            so if your in leeds tonight look for the new hooker with the special 'head rate'

Comment

oooooooooo bummer mate..... i thought the steam ect sounded familiar!! Dr Me diagnosed correctly once again!! (watch out for my big head!!) hehe, awwww well shaggy .. at least your still laughing matey!! suppose u gott huh!! keep us posted on how she goes!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobyman2000
                oooooooooo bummer mate..... i thought the steam ect sounded familiar!! Dr Me diagnosed correctly once again!! (watch out for my big head!!) hehe, awwww well shaggy .. at least your still laughing matey!! suppose u gott huh!! keep us posted on how she goes!
                its only money after all and lets face it i would only spend it on a nice holliday for me and the wifey and relax for a week (seeing i aint had a holliday in 5 years)
                or it could be worse i could have part exed the surf plus £1400 towards a new 3rd gen
                oh god im now depressed

Comment

it could have been worse shaggy !!!!!!it could errrrrrrr....be ......errrrr
                  your right i would be depressed
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    it could have been worse shaggy !!!!!!it could errrrrrrr....be ......errrrr
                    your right i would be depressed
                    thats it
                    does anybody want to buy this surf off me
                    its got 4 new tyres on 16 rims £280
                    a cat 1 clifford alarm £350
                    a new head £1410
                    an expensive alpine mp3 music system £200
                    a full 12 months mot £35
                    2 new rear springs £45
                    a fuel cat dual system £65
                    just been tracked up £30
                    a new timing belt (free with head)
                    it is the ssr-g with the recaro trim
                    will have 6 months new gordon brown tax £100
                    oh yes and sundry service items last week £50
                    so thats about £2600 spent in the last 3 weeks that i have owned it on top of what i give for it when i bought it 3 WEEKS AGO
                    $$$$ me im off to listen to some r e m or nirvana . . . . . . now where did i put them new shotgun shells i bought

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
                      thats it
                      does anybody want to buy this surf off me
                      its got 4 new tyres on 16 rims £280
                      a cat 1 clifford alarm £350
                      a new head £1410
                      an expensive alpine mp3 music system £200
                      a full 12 months mot £35
                      2 new rear springs £45
                      a fuel cat dual system £65
                      just been tracked up £30
                      a new timing belt (free with head)
                      it is the ssr-g with the recaro trim
                      will have 6 months new gordon brown tax £100
                      oh yes and sundry service items last week £50
                      so thats about £2600 spent in the last 3 weeks that i have owned it on top of what i give for it when i bought it 3 WEEKS AGO
                      $$$$ me im off to listen to some r e m or nirvana . . . . . . now where did i put them new shotgun shells i bought
                      are the shotgun shells in the price ??or was they extra??

Comment

are the shotgun shells in the price ??or was they extra??

Comment

joking

Comment

well its back and its running well
                            i have to say steve is a great guy and he ran through everything he had done from removing the head to recuting the valves to refitting and it was like watching the discovery channel
                            he then took me for a run around in her to make sure she was ok
                            i have posted pictures of my cracked head in my photobucket and you can follow the link if you wish no4 & no3 are the worst with no2 starting to crack and no1 with no crack at all
                            also all 4 of the precombustion chambers ???? or whatever they are have also cracked http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...racked%20head/
                            all this damage and it has never overheated for me and ive done 1600 kms in it
                            here is a pic of the fuel cat stevo has been kind enough to bang in for me while he has had it

and he also put my new rear springs on for me as well TOP GUY!
                            i can also feel the difference with the new springs in the ride and road holding
                            anyway im a touch happier today and will now have to get my monies worth out of her (well up till christmas when i may have to px her for a gen 3 )

Comment

whats the cat do shaggy?? go on vince say it, it keeps the mice out

Comment

whats the cat do shaggy?? go on vince say it, it keeps the mice out
                                supposed to give you 10 percent more fuel economy m8
                                anything is worth a try when your right foot seems to weigh 12 stone

keep this to your self m8 but its actually a flux capacitor that i have converted to use in the warp engine and i have so cleverly camaflaged to look like a fuel cat
                                Last edited by shaggy; 25 April 2006, 23:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X