panhard rod drop bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhard rod drop bracket

i know that a few folk have made there own, but is there any where that sells a drop bracket.

i have a 2" lift fitted, but after a year and more of abuse i feel it has settled a good bit and i am now waiting on 2" spring spacers getting deliverd and the panhard rod is needing droped.(could someone explain what the panhard rod does).

also, is it advisable to fit braided brake pipes at the same time.

thanks agian scotty

You can get the brackets from here...

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/

And an explanation from here...

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/rearlift/

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
      i know that a few folk have made there own, but is there any where that sells a drop bracket.

i have a 2" lift fitted, but after a year and more of abuse i feel it has settled a good bit and i am now waiting on 2" spring spacers getting deliverd and the panhard rod is needing droped.(could someone explain what the panhard rod does).

thanks agian scotty
      Hi,
      The "panhard rod" on the rear suspension is a locating bar (actually lateral control bar) between axle and chassis...At least one bush has to be disconnected when replacing major suspension components such as springs..but it must always be re-connected. Sometimes non standard bars are fitted...You must have the correct one...Whilst the anti roll bar connection/s is /are not vital at all times, the lateral (panhard) bar connection is essential for alignment...On other makes of truck panhard rods are sometimes used in front suspension setups as well...

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by scotty

thanks agian scotty
        The simple answer is that the panhard rod keeps your rear axle in the middle. If you raise the supension, without a drop bracket, it will pull the axle to one side.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          You can get the brackets from here...

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/

And an explanation from here...

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/rearlift/
          If I recall the Panhard Rod Drop Down Bracket is about £30 from Pro Comp. You'll need to drill two bolt holes into the chassis which is about the hardest part of fitting it.

Comment

-thanks for the info guys.

ordered on from explorer £38 inc delivery.

cheers scotty

Comment

ok , i need help.

gave the truck to local trusted spanner to fit drop bracket. says that he
              would have to burn it off bacause it was solid, which would damage the bush.

had a go myself and yip, got nut off bolt, tryed to hit bolt through with
              sledge hammer with no joy, it was starting to bend the part of the chassis that it is attached to.

toyota can supply me with a bush (catch) you need to buy the panhard rod with it £120.

so, is there a easy way of doing this that i am missing?

where can i buy just the bush?

does anyone know the size of this bush and i will get a polyurathene one made?

or has some kind person got a bush that i could buy off them?

sory to be so long winded but any help would be a great help.

cheers scotty

Comment

Do you mean the bush that's ringed in the pic?
                Attached Files

Comment

yip thats the one bushwhacker.

as you can see it is badly needing droped
                  Attached Files

Comment

Right then, have you tried bending the locking tab on the end of the bolt, flat and knocking it up and down to try and rotate it to loosen it. Thats what I did on mine using plenty of WD40. Once it can turn, it should be able to be knocked through the bush.

Comment

This the tab, bend it flat and knock it with a hammer in the direction of the arrows to loosen.
                      Attached Files

Comment

tanks mate,will give that a try.

is it better to have the car jacked up?

does this take the pressure of the panhard rod?

i had the jack under the axle to lift it slightly, to try and help.

i sprayed it with wd40 every night for a week before trying to remove it.

thanks again

Comment

I placed my axel stands under the chassis rails either side so both wheels were off the ground and the weight off the springs.
                          Let us know how it goes.

Comment

bushwhacker, your a star

thanks again for you help

will let you know how i get on, most likely next weekend ill have a nother go

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                            X