Rear End Shimmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear End Shimmy

On Staturday Myself & ohsupremebeing were doing some odds & sods on the Surf & was saying that my rear end seams DRUNK as it shimmys about a bit. After having a good look around the rear axle we discovered that my rear Anti Roll Bar rubbers were worn on closer inspection it looks like theyve been like that for a good while. I really notice this while towing my 1 1/2 tonne Caravan anything over 55mph is dangerous. Toyota had a visit & i pick them up on Thursday all for £12. Its only a 5 min Job as its very easy to do.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Originally posted by marky
    On Staturday Myself & ohsupremebeing were doing some odds & sods on the Surf & was saying that my rear end seams DRUNK as it shimmys about a bit. After having a good look around the rear axle we discovered that my rear Anti Roll Bar rubbers were worn on closer inspection it looks like theyve been like that for a good while. I really notice this while towing my 1 1/2 tonne Caravan anything over 55mph is dangerous. Toyota had a visit & i pick them up on Thursday all for £12. Its only a 5 min Job as its very easy to do.
    Might be worth seeing if anything else is worn - I've had no rear anti roll bar on mine for a while now and I can't say I've noticed a problem with the handling (even with a mini digger behind at 55 + ish)
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      Might be worth seeing if anything else is worn - I've had no rear anti roll bar on mine for a while now and I can't say I've noticed a problem with the handling (even with a mini digger behind at 55 + ish)
      The links that attach to the end seam fine i'll have a good wiggle with it when ive done it.
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        i'll have a good wiggle with it when ive done it.
        Careful mate - you can get arrested for that
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          Thats one fast digger you got Roger!!!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Replaced them tonight one of the brackets is out of shape creased so not able to straighten it so ive ordered a new one from MILNERS £7.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X