Prop Shaft Torque Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Shaft Torque Settings?

Rear UJ has decided to fail. I've just removed the rear prop shaft as the new UJ should be arriving at work tomorrow (hoping maintenance will volunter to fit it). I was wondering if there is an actual Torque figure that the prop shaft bolts should be tightened to?

Many thanks in advance

Duane
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Originally posted by Maverick
    Rear UJ has decided to fail. I've just removed the rear prop shaft as the new UJ should be arriving at work tomorrow (hoping maintenance will volunter to fit it). I was wondering if there is an actual Torque figure that the prop shaft bolts should be tightened to?

Many thanks in advance

Duane
    all i can say is very very very tight!!!!!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick

Many thanks in advance

Duane
      my book says 30-49 nm

but having just taking mine off i thought they were a lot tighter than that

they felt about as tight as the front diff mounting bolts and book says 167 nm for them

so maybe someone else can confirm that
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Yeah, the torque figure are quite lown they may be fitted with thread lock from the factory, I'd do them up as tight as you can with a normal spanner. (I'd like to see you get a torque wrench on them anyway!!!)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well I did it.
          In the end I changed both UJ's just to be safe as the last rear was replaced by a mechanic 13 months ago. I even managed to grease them myself as well (did it before refitting the prop shaft).
          My Torque wrench didn't have nm on it so I just did them all up as tight as I could, and now my girl is running smooth once again. I just need nothing else to happen before, during, and on the way home form my holiday at half term, for me to be happy.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
          X