no 4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no 4wd

i'm pretty sure everyone is tired of hearing this problem, but i cannot engage my 4wd on my hilux. it doesn't work on 4hi or 4lo. when i shift the lever i hear no clicking and i see no light on the dash. i've looked underneath and noticed that the shaft leading into the front diff does turn, but it just refuses to engage. i've checked some of the vaccuum lines but saw no defects, as far as the solenoids go i can't determine whether they are good or bad. the only thing i can think of is a fuse, but where are they located?

theres electrical connections at the rear end of the gearbox, on the transfer case. check they haven been ripped off.

other things to check also.......

Comment

if you look inn the search engine i recently (and still do as i have not tried to fix it yet) had the same problem although mine clicks. there is a thread there and due to that i was able to download a fantastic trouble shooter from another member.
      with out being rude, i would give it to you but its a self compiled thing and not for me to give away...
      search under my user name and its was called something like 'when is a 4wd not a 4wd...'
      good luck

Comment

Originally posted by chavo
        i'm pretty sure everyone is tired of hearing this problem, but i cannot engage my 4wd on my hilux. it doesn't work on 4hi or 4lo. when i shift the lever i hear no clicking and i see no light on the dash. i've looked underneath and noticed that the shaft leading into the front diff does turn, but it just refuses to engage. i've checked some of the vaccuum lines but saw no defects, as far as the solenoids go i can't determine whether they are good or bad. the only thing i can think of is a fuse, but where are they located?
        Have a look at the attachment below - it should help you.

(Sorry about the poor quality - had to reduce it in order to post it to Forum)
        Attached Files
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

where are the fuses for the 4wd located?

Comment

Here is a link to the above attachment.

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/add/

Neville

Comment

Working...
            X