Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Filter Change Please Help

HI There,
    I have NEVER serviced a car before and decided to do my surf , especially after reading all the posts .
    Changed Air filter and found split hose and changed oil and filter and almost lost my arm and fingers getting the filter off
    Well i am chicken to change the fuel filter and want to try so can anyone tell me how to go about as detailed as possible .
    cheers damian
    Next thing is what size grease gun and what grease etc and which nipples to fill ?
    i know but at least im trying to be practical

This should help you on the fuel filter, greasing can be found on this site.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/downloads.htm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andy; 14 February 2005, 13:41.

Comment

What year is your Surf?

Here's how I changed my 1990 gen2 a few months ago...

1. Locate filter (mine is mounted on the left of the bulkhead).
      2. Drain fuel filter via plastic wing nut at the bottom of the filter. Try to catch the fuel/crap that comes out in something similar in size to the filter.
      3. Fail to turn filter by hand, even with rubber glove.
      4. Disconnect the electrical connector.
      5. Remove the 2 bolts holding the filter mounting bracket to the bulkhead.
      6. Remove filter & bracket from car.
      7. Jam big screwdriver through filter and rotate it to remove filter from bracket.
      8. Screw new filter to mounting bracket.
      9. Attach mounting bracket with filter to bulkhead.
      10. Reconnect electrical connector.
      11. Pump fuel into new filter by pressing down a few times (I did it about 20 times) on the springy thing on top of the filter mounting bracket.

Wahey!

Mark
      :

Comment

Working...
      X