Steering pulls to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering pulls to the left

Hi the surf pulled to the left , had the tracking done by 4 wheel laser was a lot better (steering idlers already renewed) so took it back and they put it on the ramp and said that it looked ok i stood underneath and looked at the laser markings on each wheel which was on 6 which i presume is 6mm the front left apparently was 5.5 so he tried to adjust. He undone the tie rod clamps and tried to shift the tie rod tube but it would hardly move i told him to leave alone when he started to damage the tube , ideally he shoud have heated with a torch to free up, may take it back and get the manager to do it not a scrote,what seemed strange even on the first allignment was no chart was looked at for settings i think that it was allset up from the rear axle so that all wheels read the same strange? I note that a lot of posts refer to pulling to the left mine is not bad on straight roads i think by nature most roads have a camber to the left and if you were abroad i would expect to pull to the right,i am coming to the conclusion that the combination of the large tyres and the rear wheel drive the motor will always slightly pull to the left, any comments.
    mark.s

ahh, i might be able to help you here. i had the same problem. i had my tracking done and to an extent this olved the issue. however over the last the few months it has got worse and got to the stage were if i braked heavily on lanes it was horrifying as it would rip the wheel out of my hand . this was a real issue as its an auto and i tend to drive one handed whilst resting the other on the arm rest!!!!! the other day however after a long journey, something sounded really bad and eventually i could go oxx no further. turns out my wheel bearing in my near dxx side front wheel had collapsed. its been fixed and i have only the very very slightist pull to the extent that i think its probably solved and just the camber of the roads. hope this helps and sorry about the gerammer as my delete button has stopped working for some reasonmat

Comment

I have been amazed by how little control is required with my one finger to hold my beast in a straight line! (also an Auto) i.e. tracking/alignment can be set perfectly! Therefor I expect you have a problem/adjusment issue, not just down to left hand driving camber!
      Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

mine pulls to the right... and i'm not foreign!... check ball joints? if they're fubar.

big tyres can cause trouble in ruts, lane 1 on Mway etc... don't complain about them though.... they're the truckers secret how they steer, smoke and eat at the same time!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X