Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim,
    If your still having problems with your spot light, remove it from the back
    & walk around to the front of your surf with it.
    Open engine bonnet, connect white lead on spot to the fuse & black onto the battery earth terminal : if it works, you have a wiring or earth problem at the spots permanent postition, if it doesn't, probably the bulb.

Agree with using a relay, rather than direct feed thru a fuse.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
      Tim,
      If your still having problems with your spot light, remove it from the back
      & walk around to the front of your surf with it.
      Open engine bonnet, connect white lead on spot to the fuse & black onto the battery earth terminal : if it works, you have a wiring or earth problem at the spots permanent postition, if it doesn't, probably the bulb.

Agree with using a relay, rather than direct feed thru a fuse.
      OK car is in for a service and some bits today but I agree that it is prob a bad earth.

If i decide to relay it then i can put relay under the bonnet then have the power running to the light then earth it right... (or something similar)? Please tell me no more running cables! lol

Cheers for the help so far guys.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

The only reason for a relay is to reduce the size of the cable through the switch, if the cable is of adequate size and the switch is rated at 5 amps or more then there is no real reason to complicate matters by adding a relay.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Mechanic said as the lamp itself is switched its ok - if i was using an onboard switch there would be reason to relay it. He had a big earth lead hooked up to it when i went to collect the car and it worked so he said re earth it as the mount isnt good enough which I will do tomorrow - quite bright! pretty happy.
          Mucho thanks to all
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
          X