Dash board warning indication lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash board warning indication lights

Hey folks. I have a 1991 Surf 4x4 LN130 that has an electrical issue I could use some advise on.

The other day while driving all of the sudden all of the warning lights on the dash came on including the water in fuel, timing belt, battery, A/T Oil Temp, and Brake. A few seconds later the buzzer from the battery warning relay also activated (same buzzer that goes off at the end of the glow plug cycle). They now stay on whenever the vehicle is running. These are the lights that would normally come on when you activate the ignition and then turn off once the vehicle starts.

I removed the battery warning relay and that turned off the buzzer and brake warning light, but everything else stays on.

Anyone have some advice on what this could be? I am suspecting a timer relay somewhere that turns all of these on at ignition activation for testing of the various circuits and bulbs but is now not shutting off the 'test'. But I have no idea what this relay would be or where it is.

Cheers in advance for any assistance.

Check the alternator, when the alternator fails or starts to all the dash lights come on.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
      Check the alternator, when the alternator fails or starts to all the dash lights come on.
      Yes thanks - that was it. The main white wire had corroded right off and fried the regulator.

Comment

I'm having this same problem since this morning but I replaced the alternator with a new one last year. Is it still likely to be at fault or is there anything else I should be looking at?

Comment

Forget the above. I went out to check for loose or corroded wires and found the belt no longer there. It must have snapped and fallen off.

Comment

Working...
          X