Central Locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Locking

Hi all. I've had a search through the threads and found similar problems but not the same one. Also, I've put this in electrical but it may possibly be a mechanical problem, so if it is would someone move it please.

Now the problem.

If I use the key in the drivers door to unlock it, all of the doors lock and unlock. If I use the button on the armrest, all of the doors lock and unlock except for the drivers door. I also fitted a remote entry system and if I use this, the same thing again, all of the doors lock and unlock except for the drivers door.

Does this sound like the actuator has gone kaput or is it likely to be a wire broken somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
    Hi all. I've had a search through the threads and found similar problems but not the same one. Also, I've put this in electrical but it may possibly be a mechanical problem, so if it is would someone move it please.

Now the problem.

If I use the key in the drivers door to unlock it, all of the doors lock and unlock. If I use the button on the armrest, all of the doors lock and unlock except for the drivers door. I also fitted a remote entry system and if I use this, the same thing again, all of the doors lock and unlock except for the drivers door.

Does this sound like the actuator has gone kaput or is it likely to be a wire broken somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like a wiring issue as you say the driver's door does lock via the key.
    Did the probem start after fitting the keyless entry module?

Comment

No, I've had the wireless entry working for over a year with no issues so it's not me making a pigs ear of something. Which is unusual.

I've only just thought of this so it might be related. A few weeks ago the passenger window wouldn't work using the armrest console, drivers side, but worked using the switch on the passenger door. After opening and closing the drivers door, normal everyday use, it started working from the drivers side again. I'm thinking you're right Vince, it could be the wires where they go through the flexi tube between the drivers door and the main body.

How do I access these to see if that's the problem?

Comment

i did see a 'how to' repair guide on here a couple of months ago,with many pics. very informative. cant remember who posted it,though.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82016
          this any good?

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
            Cheers. That's a very thorough guide.

Comment

Spot on thanks Scott. 4 broken wires, it's a wonder anything worked.

I did everything in the thread you pointed out except I added bits of wire into the loom. After doing the first one, it didn't look long enough and they're under enough strain anyway.

Something else I learnt, soldering isn't my forte.

Never mind though, all done and working again.

Thanks again.

Comment

no probs.
                i was looking at it with a view to running extra lights for the interior,when the doors opened, and taking the feed off the red door lights .but think im going to try and use the trip switch on the door if i can.

Comment

Working...
                X