yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KZN185 switch for boot light - where's it hiding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN185 switch for boot light - where's it hiding?

Hi,

I have a gen3 Surf and the interior light for the boot area has stopped coming on when the tailgate is open. The bulb is fine as i can manually switch it off "door" to the on pos and it works.

My question is, where have Toyota in their wisdom hidden the switch for the light. Its not around the edge, that i can find, like you would expect.

Any help / pics would be greatly appreiated.

Andy

If its anything like the 2nd Gens, its part of the door latch, drivers side.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I believe the switch is in the latch assembly, not going to be an easy fix.
      '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Thanks Ian ;-) At least i know where it is now.

Andy

Comment

Rear door switch

Originally posted by andy2605 View Post
          Thanks Ian ;-) At least i know where it is now.

Andy
          I had the same problem and it was an easy fix. Remove the rear door trim carefully lifting the window rubber away at the base. The switch is indeed part of the latch mechanism and mine was just a bit sticky so I lubricated it with wd40 or similar and worked it a bit and hey presto it all works again.
          There is no actual visible press button switch as you might imagine, it's all in the latch mechanism. Whilst I was there I lubricated my window runners etc too. Use the special grease for the runners though.

Comment

Working...
          X