autobox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
    Hello again, my surf will be back on the road Tuesday morning. Everything running as it should after booting it across fields with no overheating and no bubbling from the radiator. My only worry is the O/D light is flashing, checked the plugs on the box and all seem ok. Gears are changing as they should and over-drive is working, plenty of atf in box. Nothing seems amiss so will it be ok to drive as it is?...

Yes it will be OK to drive, but carry out this test and count the flashes to see what fault codes are stored in the ECU.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...odiagnosis.pdf

Comment

fault codes

Ok Guys, will check through the forum on how to check these codes...cheers...

Comment

Ok Guys, will check through the forum on how to check these codes...cheers...
        No need, Vince supplied a handy link with all the info. you'll need.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate all your help....

Comment

Hello again guys. Jeep is back on the road, drives great with no over-heating and smooth gear-change...BUT....on hills no power whatsoever, turbo whistling quite happy but no power. I've noticed a filter above the throttle body with a pipe running from it but not connected anywhere and can't find where it could be connected. Could this be a problem with the turbo?...Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hello again guys. Jeep is back on the road, drives great with no over-heating and smooth gear-change...BUT....on hills no power whatsoever, turbo whistling quite happy but no power. I've noticed a filter above the throttle body with a pipe running from it but not connected anywhere and can't find where it could be connected. Could this be a problem with the turbo?...Any help would be appreciated.

It goes to the boost sensor thats bolted to the side of the air filter housing.

Comment

Thanks again Vince, has it got 3 prongs, if so there are already 3 pipes on there. Must have put the pipes wrong. Would this cause no turbo power?. If so will have to work out where the other pipes go. Thanks again Vince.

Comment

The pipes should be connected like this....
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...4&d=1294528946

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks again Vince, you been such a great help to me.....

Comment

For the first time i have driven a surf properly and i find it quite gutless compared to my Range Rover. However i much prefer my surf cause of it's effortless driving and comfort even though my right foot aches through pressing the accelerator....

Comment

Hi again and my surf is running lovely and enjoying every minute of it. Can anyoneone source a spare wheel for me?......Cheers...

Comment

Working...
                        X