autobox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autobox

Fitted a gearbox which was working perfect from a donor vehicle which i drove but wont engage the gears (the gear-lever works) when fitted into my surf. Could there be an electrical problem to stop it working?.....appreciate your help.

Stop starting new threads!

If it worked before you messed with it; you've done something wrong. We can diagnose faults that develop, we can't figure out what you've broken, there are too many variables.

At a guess, I'd say you've fitted the torque converter wrongly and buggered something up.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Should a small play of the front splines make a difference on the gear-box. Also, when i turn the prop flange on the back of the gear-box should the spline be able to stop with little pressure??

Comment

Oops

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Stop starting new threads!

If it worked before you messed with it; you've done something wrong. We can diagnose faults that develop, we can't figure out what you've broken, there are too many variables.

At a guess, I'd say you've fitted the torque converter wrongly and buggered something up.
        Sorry Aubernarche, i didn't realise that you were only allowed one thread....When i want advice on an electrical problem do i post it on my original post???????????..............

Comment

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
          Sorry Aubernarche,
          You don't know me well enough to start slanging me.

Comment

Not slanging (?) you at all. I needed help with my jeep and if i thought it could be electrical, i go to 'Electrical'. You don't know me well enough either.....

Comment

Are you driving it yet Paul?

Comment

Hi Vince and thanks to your gear-box, everything more or less perfect except for the o/d light flashing. Been on short spins around the farm and everything working ok. Have to pay for my hire car and i'm back on the road in my stunning SURF......Cheers for your help....Really Appreciated It......Paul..

Comment

Exactly, it's a forum for help and not being told what to do. All because i put on another thread you been breathing down my back. Chill out, i ain't been swearing or abusive.....yet lol.....

Comment

Hi Vince and thanks to your gear-box, everything more or less perfect except for the o/d light flashing. Been on short spins around the farm and everything working ok. Have to pay for my hire car and i'm back on the road in my stunning SURF......Cheers for your help....Really Appreciated It......Paul..

O/D light flashing means there's a transmission fault. Is your speedo working?

Comment

Exactly, it's a forum for help and not being told what to do. All because i put on another thread you been breathing down my back. Chill out, i ain't been swearing or abusive.....yet lol.....
                      We help, Vince has fixed, what more do you want? We were helping you in your other threads there was no need to start a new one, that's all I said. And one post is hardly 'breathing down your back'.

I've not been abusive towards you, but you did take the pi$$ out of my name, please don't do that until you know me better. Heed your own advice, chill out.

Comment

Darn internet...I did have a speedo problem yesterday but worked fine today. Hope it's not mechanical though Vince...

Comment

Darn internet...I did have a speedo problem yesterday but worked fine today. Hope it's not mechanical though Vince...
                          Just an intermittant fault then. Make sure the speedo plug (black one on the transfercase, driver's side) is secure.

Comment

O/D light

Hello again, my surf will be back on the road Tuesday morning. Everything running as it should after booting it across fields with no overheating and no bubbling from the radiator. My only worry is the O/D light is flashing, checked the plugs on the box and all seem ok. Gears are changing as they should and over-drive is working, plenty of atf in box. Nothing seems amiss so will it be ok to drive as it is?...

Comment

What error code(s) do you get?

Comment

Working...
                              X