Flat battery problem 'solved'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat battery problem 'solved'

hi all have just found the fault with my surf not starting in the mornings when the weather gets cold (for the past three years and three new batteries later grrrrrr) ive read so many post from people with a similar problem and the answer for mine was so simple are you ready? ###### BATTERY TERMINALS!!!! the originals have a stupid piece of black plastic under and between the terminal clamps and i imagine the clamps must stretch a bit over the years and when the n/s battery needs most help from the o/s one ie cold mornings it wasnt making a good enough contact so i cut the old terminals off fitted nice shiney new ones with big fat 13mm nuts and bolts and hey presto has started every morning this week! yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy i hope this at least helps some of you.
    [IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\My Documents[/IMG]

Funny you should mention that because i replaced my battery last month but the old one was actually fooked but as i was fitting the new one i noticed this black plastic thing & decided to pull it off because it was restricting the contact of the terminal.

Thought it was just mine but i guess they all have it.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      Funny you should mention that because i replaced my battery last month but the old one was actually fooked but as i was fitting the new one i noticed this black plastic thing & decided to pull it off because it was restricting the contact of the terminal.

Thought it was just mine but i guess they all have it.
      Yeah I ripped the plastic out of mine as they wouldn’t tighten no problem once it’s out

Comment

Yep, i had the exact same problem and now no problem since.

Comment

happy days
          [IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\My Documents[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
          X