No announcement yet.

adapters 4 radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found the best solution was to bin the old jap radio .I managed to find a 12 disc cd multichanger package for £118 .It took me an hour to fit and works just great.

Honestly just get a new radio !!!
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
      Actually it's not that bad taking out the radio.
      Yes there is a bit of dash removal. Check out here http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm
      for details of tools required and what needs to be removed to get at the radio which is usually behind the centre trim.

One point to note is if you have a double DIN radio (as in the link) you will need extra brackets to fit a single DIN radio.
      you use the original bracket that held the double din unit in. no need for new brackets
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Aah...
        come to think about it you are correct.
        I had a plastic tray bolted underneath which when removed left a large opening the size of a double DIN.
        (it was 10 months since I changed it!)
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by mat1
          i take it i am not the only one that has a fancy ass japanese stereo that only goes up to radio 2 on the frequency and does not play english cd's?
          what a pain!! especially as it is not a standard stereo size, its huge.
          mat
          Its a double din mat. You can get an adaptor from any good ICE retailer. They may have one in the site shop.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

fancy ass jap radio

no ive got one too,although ilike radio 2 iwant to change it and put mysony
            stereo radio cassette and multichanger in but how on earth does the old
            one come out, itlooks like ill have to strip half the dash to get at it
            any ideas, by the sound of it mines not as big as yours but im not complaining
            looks like the sony will go stright in,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              no ive got one too,although ilike radio 2 iwant to change it and put mysony
              stereo radio cassette and multichanger in but how on earth does the old
              one come out, itlooks like ill have to strip half the dash to get at it
              any ideas, by the sound of it mines not as big as yours but im not complaining
              looks like the sony will go stright in,

Hi welcome along,
              This should help you get to your radio gubbins!

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

Comment

Originally posted by shelly
                after trying 4 at least an hour to get the old radio out 2 fit a new 1, realised i need adapters .
                I wished the wiring to my o/e radio looked like that, then my life would be complete!!! and without radio 2!!!
                (see other post "Poxy Radio! Its finally beaten me!!! ")

Comment

Working...
                X