Overhead compass/temp/alt/baro console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead compass/temp/alt/baro console

Anybody have a wiring diagram for this console, or any other information. I'd like to know where the sensors are as my temperature reading shows 'E' all the time, presumably meaning error. The altimeter and barometer don't seem to stay set correctly either.

Any help much appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Crack on drive!

Is that a ship, I see a compass/temp/baro but no altimeter, ships don't have them, have you tried the comp adj button on there, other than that I'd say you need to follow the wires. H

Comment

Originally posted by AngloSaxon View Post
      Anybody have a wiring diagram for this console, or any other information. I'd like to know where the sensors are as my temperature reading shows 'E' all the time, presumably meaning error. The altimeter and barometer don't seem to stay set correctly either.

Any help much appreciated.
      hard reset,try dissing the vehicles batteries for half an hour first.
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

The outside temp sensor is mounted behind the front bumper and maybe broken or disconnected which will give the E symbol .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

It's a turd gen, just shout at the thing. It'll scare it into working.

I notice you have a 'tash (and it's not November) is that another pre-requisite for turd gen ownership?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
            Is that a ship, I see a compass/temp/baro but no altimeter, ships don't have them, have you tried the comp adj button on there, other than that I'd say you need to follow the wires. H
            The altimeter comes on when you press the mode switch which is just out of view on the right. I tried the compass adjust button which makes the symbols flash, but I don,t know how to make the direction move to correct the setting. I tried the up/down adj buttons but it didn't seem to have any effect. The compass does move as the vehicle moves but isn't anywhere near accurate.
            Crack on drive!

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
              hard reset,try dissing the vehicles batteries for half an hour first.
              I might just try that. Does disconnection affect any of the ecu's? I know it can on some vehicles (old Rover 800 I had for instance).
              Crack on drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                The outside temp sensor is mounted behind the front bumper and maybe broken or disconnected which will give the E symbol .
                Thanks, I'll have a look for that tomorrow and check it out before I try the 'hard reset' suggested.
                Crack on drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  It's a turd gen, just shout at the thing. It'll scare it into working.

I notice you have a 'tash (and it's not November) is that another pre-requisite for turd gen ownership?
                  Crack on drive!

Comment

The altimeter WONT stay accurate. Its a barometric one so will change as atmospheric pressure changes.

best way to use (!) them is to zero it at the bottom of whatevr climb you're doing so you know your overall change rather than use it as an absolute measurement of altitude.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'd be more inclined to ignore the lot unless your stuck in the Sahara and only keep an eye on the temp guage, then again, that doesn't work properly anyway.

If the tongs are ok you'll be able to handlebar that tash when it becomes a proper one, then again with a hooter like that why would you want to underline it

PS. just a sample of comments I used to get when I was tashy.

Comment

Working...
                      X