No announcement yet.

Interior Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked at mine yesterday as this was doing a similar thing and turned out to be a combination of the dome light switch and two of my door pins.
    I'm not sure these are both the same types of switches for the 2nd gen as the 3rd but for the door pins it was a simple case unbolting them, pull them out and spray in some contact cleaner and push the switch a few times to work it in, also, clean and lub the bolt and the plate the bolt goes through as this works as an earthing point for the switch.
    Popped out the dome switch and there's a contact for the switch you move from "on", "off" and "door", this, over time had bent slightly so when the switch was moved it did not make a propper contact, all I did for this was bent it back again, it's only a small amount but it cured the problem straight away, I'll just leave it on "door" for now but if it happens again it will probably mean a new one.
    Hope this helps.
    Neal

Comment

I took mine out of the truck. The switch lever on the right of the photo has a sprung ball-bearing in the end which makes a contact with (counting from top) pins 1&2 (door) 2&3 (off) or 3&4 (on).

Those pins have copper contacts wrapped around them, but mine were heavily oxidised, hence intermittent functioning.

So... I sat the whole thing in Coca-Cola for a day and now it's all shiny and works!

Hope that helps anyone else with the same problem.

Jim

Comment

Also (now there is a picture I can reference) those link through rivet pins can fail, all mine are now M2 nuts and bolts and my lights work again!!
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
        X