Interior Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Lights

This is a weird one, when I open any door the interior lights do not come on,
    but the lights will work with the switch?

I noticed the front red door lights were missing bulbs, so I put some in it, but when I did and I shut the doors they stayed on!

the only light that works correctly is the boot light which comes on and goes off
    as I open and close the tail gate.

I have checked the buttons that the door hits when you close it, and they are all seem to be depressing correctly, and connected

what else could it be?
    TIA

Stuck closed switch or dodgy earth?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

all the switches are fine, and all the lights work, the guy I bought it off said kids were leaving the doors open and it had killed the batteries so someone disabled something?!?!?!? its a pain in the arse, especially as it gets dark at 3:30 ish....

Comment

Have you set the 3 position switches to the correct positions?

Comment

yup when you put them on 'door', and then you open any door, zilch happens.

Comment

No idea without seeing it. Where in Scotland are you?

Comment

greenock?

Comment

In the fuse box there's a fuse marked DOME. Check thats OK.
                Or, behind the driver's side kick panel, there's a red wire with a white stripe.
                This wire is sometimes snipped to stop the annoying chiming sound when the door is open with the keys in the ignition. This wire is also for the interior lights.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  In the fuse box there's a fuse marked DOME. Check thats OK.
                  Or, behind the driver's side kick panel, there's a red wire with a white stripe.
                  This wire is sometimes snipped to stop the annoying chiming sound when the door is open with the keys in the ignition. This wire is also for the interior lights.
                  I will check the DOME fuse, the chiming noise is still there but even the light that shines on the ignition does not come on, bummer, I will check these things tommorrow in the daylight, cheers Bushwhacker.

Comment

did you find the answer? mine do a very similar thing checked all fuses wires ect but to no avail.
                    Me........... NEVER

Comment

Originally posted by tillytops View Post
                      did you find the answer? mine do a very similar thing checked all fuses wires ect but to no avail.
                      no did not find the answer, its really ####ing me off, I am not usually the pessimist but I doubt anybody will suss this one out.....

Comment

Me too...

Don't suppose it helps you to know that I have the same problem? No, didn't think so! I haven't checked the 'DOME' fuse yet, but the interior light works when manually switched-on, the annoying beeper works so the door switch is OK, but no interior light when in the 'door' position and the door is opened.

Of course, if I find the answer I'll let you know!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Boutros View Post
                          Don't suppose it helps you to know that I have the same problem? No, didn't think so! I haven't checked the 'DOME' fuse yet, but the interior light works when manually switched-on, the annoying beeper works so the door switch is OK, but no interior light when in the 'door' position and the door is opened.

Of course, if I find the answer I'll let you know!

Jim
                          good luck, I gave up will investigate more in the spring/summer weather!

Comment

Just replace the whole light with a good one from a breaker - the switches go bad on them (happened to me)

Comment

Ah - thanks for that Wishbone ( - Essex Boy, me too). I reckon it's the switch, cos when I turn it on manually it doesn't always work. Will pull it out and see if I can fix it, if not it's a new one.
                              Last edited by Boutros; 17 February 2010, 19:41.

Comment

Working...
                              X