Alarm problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm problems

I have been given an alarm which I am planning to fit and am trying to get an idea of where all the wires go before I start taking things to bits on the surf, I've think I've located most of them but am having trouble with Purple wire at the bottom (wiring diagram below) if anyone can shed some light on what exactly I need to connect this to it would be much appreciated since I can't find a reference to any of the three options in the surf/4runner manual.
    Attached Files
    Neal

Have just realised it's not very clear on the pic, the purple wire is supposed to go to High tension wire (do I even have this on a diesel? never had one before), a. ignition induction wire, b. engine oil induction wire (+) or c. storage battery charge wire (+).
    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
      the purple wire is supposed to go to High tension wire (do I even have this on a diesel? never had one before)
      Not unless you've fitted a distributor for the fun of it. Post a pic that can actually be seen and read with ease and we might be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Not unless you've fitted a distributor for the fun of it. Post a pic that can actually be seen and read with ease and we might be able to help.
        Ok matt, try these, hope their better had to use my camera instead of the scanner, have decided my scanner is rubbish.
        Attached Files
        Neal

Comment

That wire usually goes to the tacho or oil light to tell the alarm the engine is running.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            That wire usually goes to the tacho or oil light to tell the alarm the engine is running.
            Pretty much as Vince says. The other option is the wire from the alternator which is only powered when the engine is running. Those close-up pics are far easier to read, btw.

Comment

Cheers guys, wasn't totally sure at the time and needed a bit of clarification, I will take a look in the morning.

Much appreciated peps.
              Neal

Comment

Mattf, if my scanner wasn't a printer as well I think I'd bin it, camera from now on me thinks.
                Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                  camera from now on me thinks.
                  That definitely sounds the better option. Could practically see that scan more clearly when I took my glasses off, rather than putting them on.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    That definitely sounds the better option. Could practically see that scan more clearly when I took my glasses off, rather than putting them on.
                    Neal

Comment

Working...
                    X