electrics for tow bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrics for tow bar

can anyone please give me a bit of giudence please,im going to fit a tow bar to my 3.oltr 95 mreg surf kzn ssrx is the model,im not good at all with electrics so could anyone please give me any instructions on how to do the electrical side of the job.thanks.

Did you receive a pre-wired socket and wiring diagram with the towbar kit?

Comment

Trace the wires from the back of the lamp and scotch lock them in as shown. You should run a wire to the opposite sidelight but could connect left and right sidelights to the one but if the fuse goes you lose both on the trailer.

Comment

tow bar electrics

thanks for the replies,ive decided to get it fitted by a proffesional bit too much for me.my brother has a surf also and would fit it for me but works away so he doesent have time the thing he told me was that there is a socket behind one of the light clusters that the wires conect to so you dont have to run them through the car,,,,dont know if this is correct any one know if its right? again thanks for your replies allways helpfull

Comment

elvis

dead right, behind each of the rear light clusters is a multiplug with all the wires you will need, just look at where they are in the connector block and that should be fine.
          Only thing is that you will need to run a seperate wire across to the other side for that indicator (I ran mine under the boot trim panel). My socket came pre wired and only took about half an hour, including bolting the socket plate to the towball

hope this helps

hawaii
          I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
          X