X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Fog & Rear Window Remote switch

Hi All,

('95 3.0TD 4Runner)

Not very good when it comes to car electrics, but I have recently discovered two problems. My rear fog light doesn't work, and the switch in the cab to raise and lower the rear window has stopped working too. I have done some research and the window and fog switch appear to be ok (using a meter), and I also appear to have about 10v across the fog light contacts, but no light. I did read some information about the relays behind the near side rear lights, and that it might be wiring, but is that likely is I'm getting a reading? The window works ok with the key though.

Any thoughts, abuse etc.. all appreciated.

I thought the rear window switch was broken for a while recently too, till I noticed the window lock was on. Have you checked that? And I take it the bulb's not blown in the fog light? Do you mean the bulb contacts or the switch contacts?
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
      I thought the rear window switch was broken for a while recently too, till I noticed the window lock was on. Have you checked that? And I take it the bulb's not blown in the fog light? Do you mean the bulb contacts or the switch contacts?
      rear window lock?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        rear window lock?
        The electric window lock on the driver's door arm rest, stops the passengers using their electric windows. Also (I suppose logically, but I didn't think of it for a while) stops the switch on the central console from raising and lowering the rear window.
        Andy

Comment

How stupid do I feel? :-) At least that is one less problem to sort.

Cheers

Comment

I've swapped bulbs over, and I tested the voltage across the the bulb connectors on the holder, and across the electrical connections, which gave me around 10v with the fog light switch on. I also tested the fog light switch contacts based on info found on the net, and that appears to be ok too.

Comment

Glad the window was an easy one!

10V sounds like a strange number unless your batteries are a bit flat, should be straight off the 12V system. Should be enough to get the bulb glowing gently though. Probably better wait for a reply from someone with more of a clue than me.
              Andy

Comment

Well, I found that the fog light was working again last night. Most odd now. No idea why it's suddenly working again.

Thanks for thoughts from people though.

Comment

Check the earth lead from the fog light, mine goes to rear bumper and had to be replaced when fitting the fog for mot for it to work properly again. H

Comment

Rear Window Switch remote control instructions...

https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/modifi...-surf-4runners
                    Thanks
                    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Working...
                    X