Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterio Wiring.

Hey guys,

I'm busy wiring in a Sony Headunit and I've run into some problems.

Now I've got everything working except for the passenger side rear speaker. Problem being is currently I have a dark green a white/black stripe wire (Hilux Loom) that is not attached to anything. Now the left rear speaker wires aren't attached to anything either.

The sterio doesn't get any power, unless I take either the possitive or negative wire for the left over speaker (this is on the head unit's side) and touch either the dark green or white/black stripe wire (Hilux side).

I've looked at a couple of the wiring diagrams on these forums by searching and they've helped me quite a bit but I'm stumpped at the moment. I've used different diagrams from Install Doctor as well to no avail.

Does someone maybe a have a list of all of the wire colours in a Hilux and what exactly they correspond too?

It's a 1991 3l V6 Surf.

Thanks in advance!
    Hanré
    Last edited by Silent Knight; 24 January 2008, 06:45. Reason: Problem has been resolved.

dont know if this thread anygood for you?
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=wire+stereo

if not go to search where all the link buttons are at the top of page n type in how to wire in a stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Knight
      Hey guys,

I'm busy wiring in a Sony Headunit and I've run into some problems.

Now I've got everything working except for the passenger side rear speaker. Problem being is currently I have a dark green a white/black stripe wire (Hilux Loom) that is not attached to anything. Now the left rear speaker wires aren't attached to anything either.

The sterio doesn't get any power, unless I take either the possitive or negative wire for the left over speaker (this is on the head unit's side) and touch either the dark green or white/black stripe wire (Hilux side).

I've looked at a couple of the wiring diagrams on these forums by searching and they've helped me quite a bit but I'm stumpped at the moment. I've used different diagrams from Install Doctor as well to no avail.

Does someone maybe a have a list of all of the wire colours in a Hilux and what exactly they correspond too?

It's a 1991 3l V6 Surf.

Thanks in advance!
      Hanré
      At a guess the head unit or stereo has no earth connection, as a temporary measure plug in the radio aerial connector (this can provide an earth) , or get a short lead and connect it between the head units case and the vehicles metal work somewhere

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Yea I figured it could possibly be a ground wire.

Strange thing is that I've already hooked the Stereo's ground up to the ground on the Hilux loom...

I'll hook the green up to a ground as well and see how we go.

Cheers!

Comment

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf

Looking at the above link it looks to me like you've used the black wire that goes to the rear passenger speaker for an earth (so if you then earth the return green lead it powers up)

There should be 2 black wires. Use a voltmeter to work out which is ground, and swap with the black one you're currently using. Alternatively run a fresh earth wire from the Sony's black wire out to a chassis bolt (there's some good bolts near the gearbox tunnel)

If you've chopped the original hilux connector off then the best bet is to work through all the wires you have with a voltmeter, then test each of the speaker wires until you work out what they all are, then wire it to your Sony.

Hth,
          Rob.

Comment

That sounds highly likely, I've only used what diagrams I can find online.

Out of curiosity then, which two wires are the ones I need to use for the passenger rear speaker? Which one + and which one -?

That's the only thing left to do that's ####ing me around. As you can tell, wiring is not one of my strongpoints!

Comment

According to the installdr, 1 black wire (+), 1 yellow wire(-).

Connect the black wire to your sonys green wire, and the yellow wire to your sonys green/black stripe wire.

Make sure the black wire you use is not the earth one.

If its still not working some of the surfs have amplifiers on their rear speakers. Maybe yours has and it isn't working.

Rob.

It might be easier if you list the colours of the wires you have on the surf side.
              Last edited by wishbone; 20 January 2008, 12:11.

Comment

Finally managed to sort it out...

Black/Yellow was correct, just had to figure out which black one to use so speaker is now working. I had to use the White/Black Stripe wire as the earth as none others were available to do the job.

Glad it's all sorted, thanks for all the help!

Comment

Working...
                X