No announcement yet.

Flat battery problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I remove the fuse to 'Dome' then it drops to 30ma. Are the internal lights the only thing on the dome circuit? They definitley go off when they are meant to.

I suppose if I remove not just the bulbs, but the bulb holder-switch module & unplug them. Can't really see what else I can disable to test it. I assume the door courtesy switches provide a passage to earth when they are activated. Unless they have got coroded a bit to allow a 200ma leakage to earth which of course would be insufficient to allow illumination of the bulb.

So its just those two interior lights that run off 'dome' circuit or does that compass thing run off it?

You mentioned a clamp meter, I have one but I have never seen one that will work on DC only on AC. Would be keen to get such a device if you have a make etc.

Thanks

Clive

Comment

mine is made by sealy,v handy as i go to alot of flat batteries and the last thing u want to do is go back again,so always try and diagnose right first time,and yes disconnect fittings,connection by connection,u will find it,and i assume its just courtesy lights on circuit,but u never know if something has been added

Comment

Yes thanks for that info about the Sealy clamp meter. Although I have a couple of analogue clampers they are only AC. Good to see DC ones around now. The Sealy has only a 200A range reading down to .1A. Found another make that has two DC ranges 400A & 40A, that will read down to .01A which is worth having.

I've ordered it next day delivery, so looking forward to some fault finding without having to break into wires & plugs!

Thanks

Clive

Comment

no probs mate

Comment

Working...
          X