spotlight wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotlight wiring

ok surf's own spotlight wiring.my surf has a bull bar and i just fitted spotlights to it using exsiting brakets conected the exsiting wiring up (surf's own wiring) nothing!!! is there a switch or where is the fuse/relay any help please...

Originally posted by rally_man
    ok surf's own spotlight wiring.my surf has a bull bar and i just fitted spotlights to it using exsiting brakets conected the exsiting wiring up (surf's own wiring) nothing!!! is there a switch or where is the fuse/relay any help please...

Simple spotlight wiring diagram.........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 January 2012, 01:37.

Comment

if wiring in front grill switch should be on lower front off side of dash or on centre console ( up date profile to give us a clue )
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

'93 3.0TD according to his previous posts
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          '93 3.0TD according to his previous posts
          2 gen
          correct if wrong but std spot switch/wiring is in the centre console
          put play safe wire them through a relay fired by the high beam trigger

Comment

couldn't say, mine hasn't got the standard wiring, don't think many of them have, unless it's hidden up somewhere which would explain the empty plug under the centre console???
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

roughtrax do full kit with relays for £14
              5min job with their loom
              Brian

Comment

my 2 gen had and my 3 gen has but both are pain as they can be switched on with just the side lights
                got a new set of spots so will be fitting them tomoz hopefully and this time i will wire them via a relay and use the hi beam as a trigger wire and go via the dash switch so can isolate

Comment

sorry peeps but suffering from man's flu.Lreg 3.0td SS-g .so i am
                  looking for a switch in centre console but you say there is no fuse or relay in this circuit, is that why they have yellow fog lamps as standard .so when i
                  test i presume that this circuit will become live on dip beam as you can use fog lamps this way .mmmmmm will try tomorrow .been thrown out the pit by the wife coughing to much

Comment

If it's any help, my old yellow one's came on with the side lights, but i'd wire em as per vinces diag, more control,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

sorry peeps but suffering from man's flu.Lreg 3.0td SS-g .so i am
                      looking for a switch in centre console but you say there is no fuse or relay in this circuit, is that why they have yellow fog lamps as standard .so when i
                      test i presume that this circuit will become live on dip beam as you can use fog lamps this way .mmmmmm will try tomorrow .been thrown out the pit by the wife coughing to much
                      the standard wiring is via a relay but the spots can be left on as they are linked to the side lights not the hi/lo head lights.

Comment

OK put sidelights on in fact put all lights on switched on but sill no power to spot/fog wiring can anyone tell me where fuse/relay is. (mud skipper)

Comment

OK put sidelights on in fact put all lights on switched on but sill no power to spot/fog wiring can anyone tell me where fuse/relay is. (mud skipper)

The fuse/relay for the front foglights will be where ever the previous owner fitted it. As I said on the first page, spot/foglights were not fitted as standard to any 2nd gen Surf!

Comment

as yoshie said the roughtrax fit is simple and well put together, works with halo type spots too.
                            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Ok-sorted fog light wiring this was factory wiring. So the fuse for this is in driver’s foot well 15amp top row r.h.s. The relay is just wedged behind lower dashboard just below heater ducting. The fog lights will only work with sidelights on.

Comment

Working...
                              X