Auxiliary Temperature Gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Most disappointed with Maplin AND the catalogue. It's nearly all PC bits and $$$$ gadgets these days. Years ago it was FULL of electronic components and I'd spend hours dreaming up stuff to build.
    Welcome to the land of disappointment. That's why I tend to not mention them when people enquire regarding components. They became electrical rather than electronics years ago. Did you get the bits you needed?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Welcome to the land of disappointment. That's why I tend to not mention them when people enquire regarding components. They became electrical rather than electronics years ago. Did you get the bits you needed?
      Got everything bar the LEDs but Vince seems to have found a good source.

I haven't had a Maplin catalogue for 10 years. Mainly because I've been 'systems engineering' (read paper shuffler) for that time rather than actually making stuff like wot I used to.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Interested parties

Originally posted by Apache
        Cos I want to get back into making 'stuff', and a mate reckons there is a market for decent priced digital boost gauges, I thought I might knock up a set of gauges for temp / boost / batt volts / whatever.

Any interest from members?

The display could be LED bargraph or digital readout in LED or LCD.

(Dont worry Vince, not forgot the scanner. Off to Maplin tomorrow cos I;m in Liverpool at the mo.)
        Yep, I'd definitely be interested in something like that!
        Let me know if you're going to go ahead with it.
        Simon
        Ubi est mea anaticula cumminosa?

Comment

if you was gonna build somethin like that apache, i'd have one off you, and if it were universal to any vehicle i know at least 2 others that would aswell.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Working...
          X