Keyless entry fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry fitting?

Hi Ive got a keyless entry kit from ebay for my 1991 Surf but am not sure about the wiring. I think the central locking control unit is near the fuses in the drivers footwell (would appreciate if anyone could confirm). The central locking diagrams on the kit show Negative trigger, Positive trigger, Positive/Negative trigger & Pneumatic lock Im not sure what my Surf is. The wires from the keyless control unit are orange, white, yellow, org/blk, blk/wht, ylw/blk with positive feed & ground. I have a wiring diagram for the control unit but the wire colours on the keyless do not match at all. Anyone fitted one of these or able to help at all. thanks

Here you go....http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...remote+locking

Comment

Nice one thanks for the great link

Comment

fitted keyless no probs

Fitted my keyless entry kit today, the fitting instructions had wiring diagram for Negative Trigger followed this and it worked first time, no need for any extra relays. Was relatively easy when I got my head around it (which took some time) took a couple of hours bit fiddly to get to the wires you need to join into, I soldered the connections which seemed easier for me. Put the wire for the lights in at the fuses & that worked too. The threads I looked at in the forum were great and I would not have managed witout them so thanks to everyone who posted information about keyless entry.
        Another question? there is a wire on the keyless control box that can open the trunk - can this be used for the powered rear window? if so does it need to be wired to the boot switch (if so to which wire) or straigt to the motor again any advice would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf Runner
          Nice one thanks for the great link
          <glows with pride>

Thanks!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Surf Runner
            Hi Ive got a keyless entry kit from ebay for my 1991 Surf but am not sure about the wiring. I think the central locking control unit is near the fuses in the drivers footwell (would appreciate if anyone could confirm). The central locking diagrams on the kit show Negative trigger, Positive trigger, Positive/Negative trigger & Pneumatic lock Im not sure what my Surf is. The wires from the keyless control unit are orange, white, yellow, org/blk, blk/wht, ylw/blk with positive feed & ground. I have a wiring diagram for the control unit but the wire colours on the keyless do not match at all. Anyone fitted one of these or able to help at all. thanks
            SurfRunner can you please post or e-mail me the type of keyless kit you fitted

Comment

keyless link

hi this is the link to the keyless entry I got on ebay, the seller was good they sent one out to me but it did not arrive, so they sent another without any probs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-Keyless...ayphotohosting

Their ebay shop is

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/taxfreezone

Comment

Thanks for that Surfrunner

Comment

Working...
                X