Interior light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tich
    At last! Someone on the same wave length as me.

Going back to my original enquiry. Is there an easy way to get to the water sensor which apparently is situated in the engine block under the inlat manifold.

Respect to you all
    Tich

Comment

Going back to my original enquiry. Is there an easy way to get to the water sensor which apparently is situated in the engine block under the inlat manifold.

Respect to you all
      Tich

Have you tried through drivers wheel arch, remove panel as if you were going to change the oil filter.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        Have you tried through drivers wheel arch, remove panel as if you were going to change the oil filter.
        No, but will give it a go.
        Thanks
        tich

Comment

Respect to you all
          Tich
          tich, i wonder if this is it
          Attached Files
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Mornin` chaps
            Seems I need your help again!.
            I`ve got a bulb gone in my interior light ( the front one by the mirror ) but cannot see any obvious way to remove the light and switch cluster. Anyone been there?.
            Also, while I`m here, PLEASE PLEASE is there a real clever bugger out there can tell me how to get to the blasted water temp sensor for the after glow which is apparently situated under the inlet manifold somewhere. I can`t even see the damn thing, let alone get to it!!! . Do I have to remove half the top end to get to it?.

Regards
            Tich
            Hi Titch
            Hope this helps.

Pic 1 shows the inlet manifold side of the engine.
            Pic 2 shows circled what I think you are after. The two wires go to a sensor. As far as i remember the sensor is screwed into the inlet manifold.
            I have just been out to the surf to feel for the sensor and it is sitiuated between the ports level with the cast iron ERG manifold where it connects to the inlet manifold.
            If it is this sensor its going to be a pig to get to.

Good Luck
            Geoff.
            Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
              tich, i wonder if this is it
              Thanks Ian, I`m not sure at this point in time but will continue to investigate.
              Tich

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                Hi Titch
                Hope this helps.

Pic 1 shows the inlet manifold side of the engine.
                Pic 2 shows circled what I think you are after. The two wires go to a sensor. As far as i remember the sensor is screwed into the inlet manifold.
                I have just been out to the surf to feel for the sensor and it is sitiuated between the ports level with the cast iron ERG manifold where it connects to the inlet manifold.
                If it is this sensor its going to be a pig to get to.

Good Luck
                Geoff.
                Great Geoff, thanks for that. It certainly looks like thats the boy.
                I think your right its going to be a grunter to get to.

Cheers
                Tich

Comment

Great Geoff, thanks for that. It certainly looks like thats the boy.
                  I think your right its going to be a grunter to get to.

Cheers
                  Tich
                  The unit that I have described to you is the glow plug resistor. (haynes manual).
                  The one on the side of the block (top right hand) is the water temperature sensor.(haynes manual).

Good luck
                  Geoff.
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

So Tich can you put us out of our misery yet and let us know what it was??
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Working...
                    X