Air Con electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con electrics

My A/C died a while ago i assumed it was a gas problem but had a guy out this morning to check and the gas is fine! but there is no power to the system, if a put a wire direct to the clutch on the pump its works fine, i have ben trying to trace a power source but getting nowhere.
    does any body know if there is a fuse or where the realys are for the A/C?? i looked in the haynes manual but none of the wiring diagrams are close to whats on the vehicle! which is a 1990 2.4td surf.

any help will be great

Baz

Check behind the glovebox.

Comment

will check now

Comment

OK, found the fuse thanks, the 10 amp was blown, put a new one in and.......... well not a lot really, the light on the A/C button now comes on and there is a clicking noise of a relay activating under the dash but still no power at the clutch.

any more ideas?

Baz

Comment

Have you tried with the engine running and blowers on?

Comment

on a similar note

I had mine re-gassed
            and although a fortnight later it still produces nicely chilled out put,

could be my imagination but the indicator light seems dimmer
            and theres an occasional whistle to be heard coming in and out
            and no its not the turbo

(different tone)

what can it mean

richard

Comment

I think you will find that the 10A that you replaced is only the relay control fuse. If I remember correctly the main control fuse for the AC condenser is under the bonet (it one of the huge ones you need to remove the electric box to get to)

could be a 40/50A size.

The 10A fuse I think was a control circuit that works as a safety switching circuit for the main large circuit.

in simple, in the even of a fault with the main AC condenser, if the fuse didn't blow you would end up with a cooked battery. Using a seperate fused control circuit, in the even of a fault the switching drops out and isolates the load of the main unit from the car wiring and the batteries.

Hope that makes sense.

have a look under the bonnet for the main fuses.

Let us know what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X