No announcement yet.

Another rear window question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think next time I need something I will move my but and try looking round the s$$$$py.

I dont know if this is what your looking for but it explains quite a bit about different specs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux_Surf

Comment

My window would rise up but stop 3 inches below the top the same as yours. If the rear door isn't closed properly then the above happens. All I had to do was to make sure I slammed the door to sort it out. My window can also be raised and lowered whilst horizontal or near horizontal so I can test if it goes the full way up. Try it - as it won't cost you anything. Just make sure you support the window as it goes up and down.
      @africa4x4cafe
      [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

thanks for the info mate, but my motor was definatley knackered! It had a huge groove all through the middle of the teeth on the cog hence why it was struggling when the window got near the top.

Comment

Sorry - I was picking up fag ends again...glad you got it sorted.
          @africa4x4cafe
          [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

mines playing up
            on the key all is fine but from inside it will close (go up) but will not open
            anyone had this prob.......
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
              mines playing up
              on the key all is fine but from inside it will close (go up) but will not open
              anyone had this prob.......
              Probably a dodgy switch or a broken wire in the rubber covered loom between
              the tailgate and body.

Comment

Working...
              X