Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilux surf 3.0 auto relay location

hi chaps

i have a 3.0 auto hilux with the 1kz-te motor,whitch wont start it turns over but there,s no juices 2 the heater plugs or the pump valves. i need 2 find the ecd relay and the spill valve relay so i can check wether there is power to the coils then wether the neg switch is comming from the ecu we have a manual but the ecd relay (identified from fuse box lid) has completly different colours and no pin configuration on the relay (four conections two n/o contact and two for the coil wires) .
    ps i have hot wired the pump and heaters and it does run of a fasion
    ,this is making my head hurt lol .

cheers dreado
    Last edited by dreado; 12 April 2006, 18:16.

Originally posted by dreado
    hi chaps

i have a 3.0 auto hilux with the 1kz-te motor,whitch wont start it turns over but there,s no juices 2 the heater plugs or the pump valves. i need 2 find the ecd relay and the spill valve relay so i can check wether there is power to the coils then wether the neg switch is comming from the ecu we have a manual but the ecd relay (identified from fuse box lid) has completly different colours and no pin configuration on the relay (four conections two n/o contact and two for the coil wires) .
    ps i have hot wired the pump and heaters and it does run of a fasion
    ,this is making my head hurt lol .

cheers dreado
    AFAIK these (spill control and ecd injection pump )were introduced in 1999.
    If so, not many on here (me included) have dealings with them. In your shoes, I would be inclined to go to a toyota parts reception and get a print out (or look over his shoulder) when he brings up the screen showing the relay ecd pump and spill valve relay. This does sound like a connector failure which may be an easier fix than you now believe....Sorry I cannot offer experienced based advice - too new for me, sorry !

Peter

Comment

still no joy

its a fresh jap import,it came with one key no fob or plastic thingy.if i go to toyota they will most probly chase me out the reception lol.did they fit a factory imobiliser and where would it be and what will it look like? .also the flasher relay seems to be behind the clocks is it chaps ?.

ta dreado

Comment

Have you tried looking at the engine manual. http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

Comment

cheers andy

ta m8

these look like proper scematics ,its registered as a 94 ,are japs better spec ?

Comment

Won't start

Hi dreado
            I'm having the same problem with my surf at the moment. Did you managed
            to get your problem sorted?
            Grateful for some advice.

Cheers
            trachockie

Comment

sorry mate but the post is over a yr old and the last time he was on was 15th April 2006

Comment

Working...
              X