actuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actuator

does anyone know how to replace an actuator on the rear o/s door. it's doing my head in. cheers

Originally posted by gaffer39
    does anyone know how to replace an actuator on the rear o/s door. it's doing my head in. cheers

Hi
    Please fill in your profile so we know what you are driving. What are your symptoms? by actuator I am assuming you mean the electric motor. If so has it stopped working or is it just very slow? If its just slow your fix is to lubricate the rubber with sillicone lube.

Supply more info and we can help.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      Hi
      Please fill in your profile so we know what you are driving. What are your symptoms? by actuator I am assuming you mean the electric motor. If so has it stopped working or is it just very slow? If its just slow your fix is to lubricate the rubber with sillicone lube.

Supply more info and we can help.

Al.
      when you open car with key, o/s rear door button doesn't go up. you can hear the motor as if the cogs are not gripping. tried to get motor out but it's a pain in the rear end. must be a simpler way. cheers.

Comment

actuator

please someone must know.

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer39
          when you open car with key, o/s rear door button doesn't go up. you can hear the motor as if the cogs are not gripping. tried to get motor out but it's a pain in the rear end. must be a simpler way. cheers.
          What you describe"rear button doesn't go up" could mean simply a disconnected linkage IF you can "hear the motor"ie motor operational.. So it's door card off time. You simply need to unclip the stud pingers (trim fasteners) by pushing the centre part in carefully, then releasing the armrest and internal catch phillips head setscrews...When door card is free - actually, only partially, cos the electrics are (read - should be )still connected. Then you should be able to see if the rod/s (lock actuators - mechanical) are flopping about free from their locators....Easy fix to twist them back together. If your unsure how they fix - you'll have to remove opposite door card to see a goodun...

Peter (north ayrshire till next month)

Comment

Working...
          X