MoRR, Me Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoRR, Me Again

Hi Maurice sorry to bother you again, When you changed the leds in your heater push buttons did you add resistors or are they built into the PCB,
    I've finished the heater and was ready to put it back in today but then
    decided it was too cramped with all those wires jamed in (dangerous) so i've
    stripped it down and am in the process of butchering those clear plastic bits
    to give more room for the wireing,Also the push button symbol lighting was
    a bit haphazzard so im running individual blue leds behind each button and thought i might as well replace those existing dim leds while im at it,
    Many Thanks Mate Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    Hi Maurice sorry to bother you again, When you changed the leds in your heater push buttons did you add resistors or are they built into the PCB,
    I've finished the heater and was ready to put it back in today but then
    decided it was too cramped with all those wires jamed in (dangerous) so i've
    stripped it down and am in the process of butchering those clear plastic bits
    to give more room for the wireing,Also the push button symbol lighting was
    a bit haphazzard so im running individual blue leds behind each button and thought i might as well replace those existing dim leds while im at it,
    Many Thanks Mate Ian
    As the buttons had LED's fitted already, they were a straight swap, no additional resisters required
    I've doubtless mentioned this before, but think its worth repeating, this relates to the 3rd Gen, it may be similar on the 2nd Gens so...
    When replacing the LED's in my buttons I had to prise off the button faces, when doing this its important to ensure that the button is in its out or off position. Otherwise its possible to damage a small plastic 'land' within the latching mechanism which will prevent the button from holding in the on position. I found this out the hard way, such that my air-con button now has a piece of foil jammed beside it to keep it on!
    Last edited by Morr; 13 February 2006, 01:09. Reason: Correcting Typo
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks Mate, It shouldn't be to bad as ive got the thing in bits and only have to desolder the original leds and replace em, Thought i'd better check about the resistors though, Should imagine its the same for 2nd gens, soon see,
      Im redoing the whole thing, Wasn't happy with the first atempt Giveing
      myself more room and less wires, Will post some pics as soon as poss
      Regards Ian
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X