cruise control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruise control

hi guy's (& gal's) , anyone got any ideas why my cruise control only works up to 70 mph ?

it will be cause it is japaneese and it will be limited to 70
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
      it will be cause it is japaneese and it will be limited to 70
      any ideas how to overide it ?

Comment

Originally posted by scousy
        hi guy's (& gal's) , anyone got any ideas why my cruise control only works up to 70 mph ?
        What kind of cruise control is it ?..

If it is an aftermarket type it would be worth checking how much slack is in the cable with the engine off.

It could be that if there is slack in the wire controlling the linkage, that the vac pump cannot go back far enough

If that is not clear then pmail me and i will send my phone number

Cheers
        Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

not sure but if it is factory fitted then it will need rechipping as the brother in law has this problem with his import celica but there again the speed limit is 70 so why would you need to set it any higher?

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
            What kind of cruise control is it ?..

If it is an aftermarket type it would be worth checking how much slack is in the cable with the engine off.

It could be that if there is slack in the wire controlling the linkage, that the vac pump cannot go back far enough

If that is not clear then pmail me and i will send my phone number

Cheers
            Keith
            thanks keith , its a factory fit on the steering wheel if that helps any ?

Comment

Originally posted by scousy
              thanks keith , its a factory fit on the steering wheel if that helps any ?
              I would still check and see if there is a second cable for the cruise control, which should be attached to the main throttle cable. Adjust any slack right out of it,

Keith
              I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

not sure but if it is factory fitted then it will need rechipping as the brother in law has this problem with his import celica but there again the speed limit is 70 so why would you need to set it any higher?
                i normally cruise at about 80 on long journeys other wise it takes all day getting anywhere .How much did it cost to re-chip and where ?

Comment

but there again the speed limit is 70 so why would you need to set it any higher?
                  sorry, can you rephrase that, I don't understand?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
                    I would still check and see if there is a second cable for the cruise control, which should be attached to the main throttle cable. Adjust any slack right out of it,

Keith
                    cheers m8 i'll check it out in the daylight.

Comment

he has not got round to it yet , as to the 70 just a joke m8

Comment

Working...
                      X