Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo change on 1996 SSRX

Hello
    I have a 1996 SSRX with the standard a pioneer tape/tuner/cd combo. I replaced it with a JVC stereo. I found the connections by taking apart the pioneer and looking at the PCB inside which had the pin outs on it. There were 3 wires I did not use
    1. ANT, which I assume, stands for antenna, which I’m not using.
    2. AMP, which I think must be for an amplifier. Do I need this or is it a supply to an amp if I chose to fit one?
    3. ILL, I do not know what this is for ???
    Now that the job is finished the light at the AUTO gear leaver is not working. Could it be related to the job above or is it a bulb that might be gone.
    So in summary I would like to know about the AMP and ILL wires and the bulb at the Auto stick.
    Thanks
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]WITH EVERY PAIR OF HANDS YOU GET A FREE BRAIN[/COLOR]

amp could be the remote for using external amp
    Ill is illumination and will dim lights on stereo when the dash lights are on.

Comment

Originally posted by emeraldegan
      Hello
      I have a 1996 SSRX with the standard a pioneer tape/tuner/cd combo. I replaced it with a JVC stereo. I found the connections by taking apart the pioneer and looking at the PCB inside which had the pin outs on it. There were 3 wires I did not use
      1. ANT, which I assume, stands for antenna, which I’m not using.
      2. AMP, which I think must be for an amplifier. Do I need this or is it a supply to an amp if I chose to fit one?
      3. ILL, I do not know what this is for ???
      Now that the job is finished the light at the AUTO gear leaver is not working. Could it be related to the job above or is it a bulb that might be gone.
      So in summary I would like to know about the AMP and ILL wires and the bulb at the Auto stick.
      Thanks
      amp: this is for an after market amplifier it is just the remote wire for the amp so it is not powered with the egnition off.ill is for illumination this makes all the lights come on the unit you could wire this to the red live but not the yellow one as it is a permanant live
      Last edited by kiowa; 19 September 2005, 17:38.
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Working...
      X