No announcement yet.

Where is the relaybox for rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a very similar problem. The window would operate (no problem) from the interior switch but not from the key switch. When using the tailgate key switch, I could hear the relay(s) operating. I replaced the relays but that didn't fix it. I checked the key switch and that tested out okay. I found the problem after a couple of days. Below the loom connection that connects to the relay control box, there is another connector that connects the tail gate loom to the main loom. There was a very, very small amount of corrosion on this connector. Cleaned up with tons of oil based, spray, contact cleaner and now it works a treat.

For those that really want to know, the corrosion was around the up and down wires from the key switch. When you turned the key, it actually ended up turning on both relays! Any corrosion on said connector could cause no end of problems.

Comment

window hassle, bah,

I'm having the same problems as some of you lot with my rear window, it's gone down but won't come back up (I nearly broke my foot kicking my tyre whilst swearing lots by the side of the road in mid Wales!!!!!) with both the internal and key switch I can hear the secret hidden relay clunk when I turn/flick the switches in both directions. There was a post about putting a switch in to manualy control the motor directly, how was this done? also when I was checking the circits (with one of those sharp pointy things that has a wire and clip at the other end and a bulb in the middle) I found a wire that when I turned the switch in one direction made a beeb beeb beeb noise, a noise I've never heard before could this be linked to my problem?? as always any help suggestions or advice (even on what vehicle to replace the truck of love with) will be gladly recived

Comment

Check that your rear wiper is in it's rest position, also check you haven't pressed the window lock button on the drivers door. One more thing, make sure the tailgate is shut properly, as this causes a beeper to sound if it's not.

Comment

When I had intermittent rear window problems it was the cog on the motor drive shaft that was coming loose. Everything sounded OK but the window did not move. Could that be your problem?

Comment

Working...
          X