Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge and light 'gone funny'!

Hey...

On the way home from work tonight, I noticed my low fuel warning light had come on. Thought it was a bit strange, as there was about 3/4s of a tankfull left in it.

Anyway, I thought it would be just a technical glitch, that would hopefully go when the ignition was switched off.

But, after 5 mins or so, I noticed that the gauge itself had started to move towards showing FULL!!

Turning the ignition off and on hasn'tdone anything, so I guess I need to check the sender wiring, but I've got a horrible feeling that the tank's gonna have to come off to get at the sender unit

Anyone know of another way? I guess I could 'just' take the dash apart (again) and check it from there?

Dave
    It just does, OK?

Our 89' Surf had a inspection cover, under the carpet right above the tank. Yo u need to fold forward the rear seats, and pull up the carpet.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yep, mine too. just lift the drivers side rear seat base forwards, lift the carpet, and you should see a square,black plastic cover,

Comment

Excellent!!!

That'll certainley be easier than dropping the tank!

I've got this wiring diagram, from the 'sticky' thread at the top of the electrical section, but does anyone have a key to colour codes?? It's not always obvious which colours are which...
        Last edited by dave.j.robbo; 11 April 2006, 21:01.
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Yep, mine too. just lift the drivers side rear seat base forwards, lift the carpet, and you should see a square,black plastic cover,
          Mmmmmm... Mine seems to be different... There IS a squareish metal plate under the seat squab, but there's no tank sender unit underneath it... I can see the tank, and some wires, but I think the sender must be under the footwell, but I can't find a cover to take off... (at least, I couldn't in the time I was out there, before it started raining...).

Anyone got any more ideas??

Please!!!???
          It just does, OK?

Comment

I've taken all the carpet up now, and there's no cover plate over the sender. There is one under the seat, as I mentioned above, but not above the sender. I guess the tank's gonna have to come down and the sender changed. Anyone got one they don't need?!?

Could someone else with a '92 take their inspection plate off, and see if their sender unit is under it? Maybe I've got a 'special' one!!!
            Last edited by dave.j.robbo; 30 June 2005, 20:14. Reason: Forgot something!!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              I've taken all the carpet up now, and there's no cover plate over the sender. There is one under the seat, as I mentioned above, but not above the sender. I guess the tank's gonna have to come down and the sender changed. Anyone got one they don't need?!?

Could someone else with a '92 take their inspection plate off, and see if their sender unit is under it? Maybe I've got a 'special' one!!!

Sorry dude, I had a quick look, saw the plastic cover and assumed it was access for the tank electrics. I took it off just now and it don't give you access to nuffink! maybe for other engined models.

Comment

Working...
              X