LPG Update on my V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPG Update on my V6

Well, the last few days have been interesting indeed. Im so busy at the mo i wish i had time to post some pics but hopefuly i will be able to soon.

As i said before my surf is already running on lpg and im going to guess with 280,000 kms on the clock and a recipt for the kit fitted 9 years ago its probably fair to say that its old but reliable.

I like the way it drives so much i have decided to sell my 2.4td in bits so if anyone needs anything let me know.

I have just purchased a full sequential upgrade kit for the lpg system and a full rebuild kit inc pistons, shells, gaskets, oil pump etc etc from the states.

The full rebuild kit came to just over 200 quid, bargin!

I have also a spare omex 710 stand alone ecu in the workshop and a tasty looking turbo charger. Just working on turbo charging a golf r32 at the mo and as soon as thats done i think i will be having a bit of fun rebuilding my V6.

The only thing on my list to do i replace my front crank pully as it seems to be coming apart under hard load and squeiling - any ideas anyone?

wow,
    have fun, i wish i had the time and knowledge to do all that.

Comment

new update

Still stupidly busy but finding the time at last to work on my truck. Have pulled the old V6 out and put it on the bench next to another i have had for a while. The idea was to completely overhall the spare engine with a kit i got in the states keeping the old motor for spares. The only problem was i couldnt see how to make it more powerful yet reliable.

I looked into various v8 swaps but saw the light last week while playing about with a 1jz twin turbo motor from the lexus soarer. Its a mental straight six 2.5 litre thats very reliable and looks eazy enough to fit.

Will let you all know how progress goes.

By the same token if anyone needs any v6 stuff please feel free to call me on 07731618466

Regards Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,
        Good luck I will be very interested to see how you get on.

On another note I have to bring my truck back to you soon for that tune up you promised.
        I have managed to get mine running much better and just need to get the exhaust fixed before coming to see you.

Cheers
        Chris

Comment

No worrys at all, it would be good to see you. I have a wicked software up date too so i can do that to your ecu at the same time.

Spent Sunday in the sun stripping the donner soarer, wow! what a day, drive in to bare shell in under 5 hours between two of us.

Was well chuffed with the way the 1jz engine comes out with all the wire on it with the ecu,s leaving all the un-needed loom in the shell, it was so eazy im beginning to doubt myself lol.

Cant wait to start fitting it into the surf, its gona go like stink with 550 bhp hehehehe

Comment

excellent.

If it goes in really easy, you will have to give me a price for doing it to mine afterward!!

I will let you sort out all the problems on yours first.

Cheers

Comment

Problems!!??? There are none lol, the only problem I have had is wether to use one of the T78 monster turbos ive got in stock and boost it to 550 bhp.

To do this on a 1jz engine is easy, all you have to do is change the small ceramic turbos for a big T78 or simerlar, fit bigger injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump and upgrade the managment.

Just done a 550 bhp conversion on a soarer and it sooooo fast but I feel to fast for the surf so im using it stock.

The transplant is easy, im gona use the soarer super slick auto box with the ingniton kill shift system that comes as standard on the soarer which spits flames with a big bore pipe. Im junking the 4x4 system and going rwd using a modified prop, engine mounts and gearbox mounts. The std ecu comes out so easy with the loom attached to the engine its unreal.

The best advice I can give to anyone who wants to do this to a surf is go and buy a running soarer and the strip it, thats what I have done, paid 864.00 for a lightly damaged 70,000 miler, sold the interior for 450.00 the 18" wheels for 350.00 and weighed in the shell and remains as scrap and got 130.00 so I ended up with everything to do the job for zero, in actual fact it had 3/4 of a tank of fuel in it so I made money.

You will have to buy a custom rad (can get an ally race one for 200) and intercooler (New shape ford transit fits perfect 117.00).

There is a soarer on ebay for 240 ish at the mo with a day to run, it says it has a blown oil seal in one of the turbos, thats easy to verifiy and repair, I think anyone interested should do a last min bid for just under a grand and do what ive done. The chances are it will go for less than 600.

This would be perfect for Truckarms, if your reading this mate, do it, let me know when you have won it and ill pick it up for you with my trailer. If your reading this and know truckarm"s phone number, please call him and tell him about this post before its sold as i havnt got his number.

PM ing him now.

Cheers Guys

Comment

Working...
              X