Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secondery tapping in engine

Hi Every one.

It Would seem i am in need of assistance like big time.
    Approx two month ago i whent out to excersize my baby as i was going into hostpital and would not be allowed out for a long time and would be in the prone position for quite a while.
    Anyway back to the problem i was in a training area i know up around otterburn and as i came over this ridge the front came down quite hard i did not pan the sump but i noticed a slite tapping niose coming from the top end of the engine know over the last two month i have knoticed this tapping is getting lowder and more servire.
    Now my Baby is a 91, 2.4Lt SSR Surf With a new head that has ownley dun 20,000.
    Also since the tapping started i have noticed that if i am crousing between 30 x 50 the engine seems to be ( not sure how to discribe it ) its like the engine is miss firing and the tapping is lower then also.
    Am i in deep do do or what SOS SOS
    She still drives well and the fule consumtion is the same as its always been ( 150 klm to the 1/4 tank)
    there is no iol or coolent leeks there is no lose of engine presure as i have had this checked.
    So Can anyone shed some light

Tanks 00000
    ( )>>>
    Celt
    Last edited by celticwolf; 7 December 2004, 14:14.

Is it a V6?
    Johnny

Comment

Take the rocker cover off and check all the tappets for worn, damaged or missing shims. That would explain tpping and missfiring.

If it isn't that it could be a whole load of other things and would need to hear it to get more of an idea.

Cheers

Comment

secondery tapping

Cheers Everyone
        I Will Let you all know what happens and what it was soon as she is on the operating table as we speek.
        Hope To Meet some of you this year.
        I Truly Hope Each and every one of us has a grate christmas and an intoxicated NEW YEAR. But Not behind the wheel of our SURF.

Comment

Working...
        X