No announcement yet.

kz-te into 2l-te, should I bother.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kz-te into 2l-te, should I bother.....?

I have a LN130 with a good chassis and body, but a shitty engine, I have a shitty bodied kzn130, but a good engine. Should I swap the engines? They are both manual boxes. I am in a quandary!

Thats a whole lot of work , dash and interior out of both trucks, full engine and aux loom wiring swap and a lot of late nights in the garage.It has been done and there are write ups on here.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Ah, Mr Surfenstein, Bob here from the HPOC malarchy. I dont mind stripping the vehicles down. It is easy when you have the space, which i do for the next few months. Welding is not a problem, but I might just swap the bodies over and pop in a body lift while I am at it. I believe the heater matrix pipes are different, plus the 2.4 has the rear heater, so I presume there will be more and more pipe work. Is there any other body differences I need to be aware of. Essentially i have the vehicles sitting there, and time is the only real cost. The rest is approaching scrap value too, so there is no real loss.
      I cant find a decent write up here, the search is leading me astray. Is there a definitive thread on here?
      Cheers

Comment

Ah hi Bob.Both bodies should be the same only difference should be that one might be pre facelift, slightly different lights up front, and the heater controls will differ both should have the rear heater.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

no rear heater in the 3.0l? it is a very basic model. no frills. I think i might just get on with it!

Comment

Engine mounts are in a different place between the 2.4L and the 3L.

Comment

Working...
            X