No announcement yet.

Lexurf XII Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha yeah I know but I do plan to drive it across Europe in some hotter places!

Just finished painting my new calipers to match the engine and put a dent in my wallet with some new discs as they are a bit warped with some other bits.

Comment

Originally posted by deviousd View Post
      Haha yeah I know but I do plan to drive it across Europe in some hotter places!

Just finished painting my new calipers to match the engine and put a dent in my wallet with some new discs as they are a bit warped with some other bits.

Black Diamond discs?

Comment

are they standard calipers?
        [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Comment

yeah black dimonad discs with standard 4 pot calipers.

Comment

yeah black dimonad discs with standard 4 pot calipers.
            Deev, who did the best price on these, and if you've fitted them, do they make a marked difference in stopping power?
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

My mistake they are actually MTEC brakes. Got em off roughtrax so will see how they are in a couple of weeks when I get them fitted.

Comment

My mistake they are actually MTEC brakes. Got em off roughtrax so will see how they are in a couple of weeks when I get them fitted.
                I put black diamond discs and pads all round on my peugeot-huge difference. I'll be surprised if they make them for the surf though. I got them from proven products.
                MTEC - I put these on my BMW(front) I would say they are slightly better than standard, for half the price.

Comment

Just had a butchers on the old interwebs...

BOOM!

They DO make 'em!

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

KZN185 is at the bottom o't list. KZN130 disc size might be a match for the other 21 Hilux dimensions on that list.
                  Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Ooh nice!

Do you need to adjust a load balancer by the way if anyone knows when fitting 2" lift rear coils? I've never done mine and I think my rear brakes might be a bit weaker because of it.

Anyone attempted rear disc conversion?
                    Saw these on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-of-dr...-/390916469160
                    Personally not my thing as there isn't much weight over the rear for them to be needed otherwise Toyota would fit them as standard I would have thought...
                    Would be nice to know if anyone tried the mod though
                    Last edited by deviousd; 20 February 2015, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                      Just had a butchers on the old interwebs...

BOOM!

They DO make 'em!

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

KZN185 is at the bottom o't list. KZN130 disc size might be a match for the other 21 Hilux dimensions on that list.
                      Good find, I bet there's one there that'll fit.

Comment

Ooh nice!

Do you need to adjust a load balancer by the way if anyone knows when fitting 2" lift rear coils? I've never done mine and I think my rear brakes might be a bit weaker because of it.

Anyone attempted rear disc conversion?
                        Saw these on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-of-dr...-/390916469160
                        Personally not my thing as there isn't much weight over the rear for them to be needed otherwise Toyota would fit them as standard I would have thought...
                        Would be nice to know if anyone tried the mod though
                        Just make a flat plate that will bolt between the arm of the valve and the bracket to reposition the arm 2" away.
                        The rear drums are huge and lock up easily-although a rear disc conversion looks the business.

Comment

question for other Lexurf owners about your coolant setup.

I'm using the 3.0 radiator and expansion tank. Yet after a run out and cooling down the rad level is over an inch below the rad cap.
                          When I had the diesel lump it was always full and no air in it whatsoever.

Do the 1uzfe have a higher coolant pressure or push more out of the rad when hot into the expansion tank? or is just because coolant pipes are higher up and a pain to bleed as the system has been bled.

Trying to find the issue. Could be a fault rad cap, expansion tank too full and it drains out during a run or it's the norm. Just wondered how it is for everyone else as it doesn't seem correct to me.

Comment

Base point/cold engine should be coolant (air free) to top of rad and a little bit in the expansion tank.

If, while cooling back down, the coolant isn't sucking back into the rad/system then you may have a leak. If it's not obvious it could be evaporating at the leak, due to heat.

Check for dry residue?

Comment

Nah no leaks I've checked all that. It's a short journey and it loses a litre. I think the expansion tank has too much in it and the vacuum drains its out when it overflows meaning there is nothing to pull back/not enough or something.

I've put a pressure thing on the coolant system and it holds pressure and no leaks so that's all good.

Going to clean the expansion tank and fill it to low on cold and top up the rad to see if it fixes it.

Comment

Need to find myself a new power steering pump due to leaks and also an alternator.

I've seen both bits on ebay but they all come from america and take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Eurocarparts have an alternator for around £140 but it's the pump I need most.

Anyone have a place in the UK they get good aftermarket ls400 parts from?

Comment

Working...
                                X