Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf convertees

Just throwing this thought out there.
    All the people who have had their surf converted to Lexurf-were you satisfied with the standard/quality of work that you received? Did you have any work left to do and did any work need doing to put things right?

Not a conversion,but me and wishbone got a lexus loom converted for a friend and it didnt work,after many emails and messages to vince we got no replys. in the end we spent a very long time speaking to members of lextreme who managed to sought it out for us.
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Mine isn't a Lexurf either so I can't comment on those...

I gave Vince a non-running truck with a hacked-up loom and half the fabrication done (thanks to LA Supertrux!). It took a little while for him to get it on the road, but given the state of it I wasn't surprised.

The end result lasted 2 years of daily driving (about 11,000 miles per year) with only minimal fixes needed before the transmission finally gave up (I think it was pretty knackered to start with).

He was a difficult to get hold of from time to time but I just assumed he was under a Surf or painting an engine.

Comment

I had Lexurf IV. I gave Vince a total shed of a surf and a knackered LS400. I was perfectly happy with what I got.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I had Lexurf V - much the same as GWH. The truck i got back had everything done i asked for. I spent a lot of time on it after Vince had done his bit but that was my choice.

It was sold on to another member when i moved to Thailand and as far as i know is still running.

cheers Vince, all the best mate

say hi to the wife and the wee man for me

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            I had Lexurf IV. I gave Vince a total shed of a surf and a knackered LS400. I was perfectly happy with what I got.
            Why would you give Vince a knackered ls400 to do a costly conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
              I'm guessing the LS had things wrong but engine and box were good perhaps.

Comment

Why has Vince disappeared and deleted an important thread (I haven't checked to see if others are gone)?

Seems really weird.

He still has money of mine, to do 2 looms, but, even though I can't get in touch, I'm not yet worried. Although Lord Lucan's comments are a bit worrying

Seems he's had some issues of late. Certain things can cause undeliberate mistakes. But that's life. You face them on, deal with it and move forwards. Mainly I just hope he's ok.

I appreciate Ultimagtr21's situation is much bigger, though. It's a lot of cash. I'd be far more aggressive. So kudos on your calmness and attempts to sort it amicably I could do with some level-headed calmness, in my life

But it still doesn't explain the reaction of deleting threads that served other people well.

Comment

Not a conversion. but i would not mind the £30 that i am owed back...or a message to say that it was donated to charity as i requested next door as i have heard nothing for months and months...There was a brief exchange next door, but nothing since.

I understand that sum of money is not a lot, but a polite resolution is the way to go...
                  Last edited by Overland Tonka; 21 January 2015, 22:29.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

It wasn't a costly conversion. I asked for a certain amount of works to be done, with the intention of doing other works myself. I was happy with what I received, in fact I got more than I asked for.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Not a conversion,but me and wishbone got a lexus loom converted for a friend and it didn't work,after many emails and messages to vince we got no replies. in the end we spent a very long time speaking to members of lextreme who managed to sought it out for us.
                      (fixed your spelling mistakes)

why you complain? if you do the same of what you are complaining of,
                      you know, asked how much for radiator, you told me, then i told you to paypal me an invoice, next thing is, after a few days of silence, oh! sorry its sold.
                      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                        (fixed your spelling mistakes)

why you complain? if you do the same of what you are complaining of,
                        you know, asked how much for radiator, you told me, then i told you to paypal me an invoice, next thing is, after a few days of silence, oh! sorry its sold.
                        fixed spelling mistakes

First come first served Budweiser,and sought your english out if you want a deal.

Comment

fixed spelling mistakes

First come first served Budweiser,and sought your english out if you want a deal.
                          first come first served? you answered me at 08:44 with the price, i asked you to send me an invoice at 9:00,
                          for me in my business i considered sold, but after 2 days of you not answering i sent you the same message, just to find out that you sold it.
                          i think its matter of patience you need to work on.
                          same as you are saying about vince ohhhh he doesn't answer.

as for me, normally, i give the benefit of the doubt to the other person, giving a few days to answer, due i know life is not easy, and there is a lots of obstacles.

but with you this is the 5th time it happened, and im tired of that.

if on my business if i made a mistake i just plainly apologize to my customer.
                          as i did to my customer, because your impatience.
                          Last edited by budweiser; 24 January 2015, 22:11.

Comment

We have another 3.0 surf clearing insurance on tuesday with rear end damage do you want me to check the rad?

Comment

We have another 3.0 surf clearing insurance on tuesday with rear end damage do you want me to check the rad?
                              just rang my customer, he agreed, so, please do, send me some pics of it to show him, you know my email address, thanks. kzn 130 right? manual?

Comment

Working...
                              X